Help with husband...

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Help with husband...

Postby patricks mommy » Wed May 18, 2005 06:16 am

Are any of you all dealing with husbands who seem to be sabotaging your diet/exercise program? I am having trouble with my husband. I don't think he is doing it to be mean, or to keep me fat, I just think that he doesn't want to be bothered with it. He doesn't want his life or habits to change at all.

Part of the reason I am so overweight (I have 50 lbs. to lose) is because we eat out an extraordinary amount. Way too much!! But it is easier and the food tastes good and he doesn't have a weight issue. He has a high metabolism and has always been able to eat whatever he wants. It doesn't mean that he is healthy, just skinny. He says that he wants to help and be supportive, but his actions say otherwise. For example, the grass needed cut last night, it was a nice evening, I wanted to cut it so that I could get some exercise. He said that he wanted to do it and was just kindof a butthead about it. Even after I told him that I want to get the exercise.

Deciding what to eat for dinner has become really hard to. I am just getting started on the diet and I don't have all of the answers, but at the very least he knows that he could grill some chicken breasts. I will come home after working late and praying that he has at least thawed out some meat and he wouldn't have done anything. He says, Well I don't know what you can eat. Then I am expected to find something and cook it.

Dieting is so hard and to not have support and have someone who makes it harded just seems so unfair. This past weekend all he wanted to do was eat out. It was hard because we were out running around all day so we did need to eat somewhere, but he wanted pizza and then Outback. AHHH. I wish I could just take the emotional aspect out of dieting. Then I could handle him a little more rationally or have more willpower.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sometimes it just helps to talk to someone who understands!

Bethany (29)
Brian (30)
Patrick born 06/12/01 at 31 wks due to PE weighing 3lbs 4oz
patricks mommy

Return to Misc