Mom you are skinny

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Mom you are skinny

Postby melissam » Fri Jun 17, 2005 05:05 am

Okay, I have to say something about the brutal honesty of 5 year olds. Sometimes it is so bad and other times it can be so good. On Wednesday night I had gone to the gym. We had new carpet installed last night so for the past few nights we had been moving furniture and stuff. Well, Wed. I stayed in my gym clothes. Riley was running around and I happened to catch a little of me in her when I was a little girl. (She looks just like my hubby) I wanted to make certain it was really there.

So I asked her to turn and look at me. I just wanted to take in her looks. So as she was looking at me she says "Mom, you are skinny." That shocked me.[:D] She is the one who always tells me I am fat.[B)][:0][xx(] My DH and DD are so stinking skinny. Well, it would have been perfect if she hadn't said then next part..."except for right there" she says pointing to my Post C-section tummy. HA HA HA HA[:D] Ah the brutal honesty of children.

But I must say it was quite the compliment and boost to my self esteem to hear her say I am skinny....Which I am not[B)], but getting there.

Okay, I just had to share. Have a skinny day everyone.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
New photos added 4/18/05 - see Kelsi's Closet
melissam

Return to Misc