Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Mom you are skinny

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Mom you are skinny

Postby melissam » Fri Jun 17, 2005 05:05 am

by melissam (3074 Posts), Fri Jun 17, 2005 05:05 am

Okay, I have to say something about the brutal honesty of 5 year olds. Sometimes it is so bad and other times it can be so good. On Wednesday night I had gone to the gym. We had new carpet installed last night so for the past few nights we had been moving furniture and stuff. Well, Wed. I stayed in my gym clothes. Riley was running around and I happened to catch a little of me in her when I was a little girl. (She looks just like my hubby) I wanted to make certain it was really there.

So I asked her to turn and look at me. I just wanted to take in her looks. So as she was looking at me she says "Mom, you are skinny." That shocked me.[:D] She is the one who always tells me I am fat.[B)][:0][xx(] My DH and DD are so stinking skinny. Well, it would have been perfect if she hadn't said then next part..."except for right there" she says pointing to my Post C-section tummy. HA HA HA HA[:D] Ah the brutal honesty of children.

But I must say it was quite the compliment and boost to my self esteem to hear her say I am skinny....Which I am not[B)], but getting there.

Okay, I just had to share. Have a skinny day everyone.

Melissa
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
New photos added 4/18/05 - see Kelsi's Closet
melissam

Return to Misc