Prematurity Awareness Day

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Prematurity Awareness Day

Postby natan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 01:39 pm

Hi Parents of Preemies;
Just wanted to let you know that Tuesday, November 18 is Prematurity Awareness Day.
Have any of you recieved a blue wrist band to show support? If you have one please where it on November 18th. If you don't have one check with your local March-of-Dimes www.marchofdimes.com to get one. Maybe in 2004 we can put together a Preeclampsia walk-a-thon team across the nation. Maybe some way Preeclampsia Foundation can get a little funding from this walk-a-thon.

What do you think?

p.s-November 18th is also my 35th birthday and this would be a great way to celebrate.

Let me know what you think

Deborah
natan

Re : Prematurity Awareness Day

Postby angelical » Thu Nov 06, 2003 02:35 pm

Thanks for posting about this.... I'm on my way to the MOD site to get the wristband!

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Our miracle boy is doing great!!
angelical

Postby peytonsmom » Fri Nov 07, 2003 05:47 am

I went to the MOD sight, but don't see where to get a wristband. I have a virtual one for my ds, Peyton. Is that what you were talking about? [?]

I'd love to have one to wear - I think everyone should know just how important this issue is!

Jacki
Mom to Peyton (32 wkr, 2.5lbs)
peytonsmom

Postby taras mom » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:31 pm

Here's where you can buy virtual bands: http://www.marchofdimes.com/prematurity/how_help_c4_1.asp

Carol (38)
DH Bill (39)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby natan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 04:08 pm

I did that too, but MOD should have local chapters in your area. http://www.marchofdimes.com/aboutus/chapter_view_all.asp They should send you one. Find out when your walk-A-thon is going to be.

Deborah.
natan

Postby kathyc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 04:09 am

Deborah-

Thanks for letting us know about the bands. I called my local chapter, and am working on setting up an impromptu fundraiser at the hospital where I work. I am going to ask for a $1 donation for each band pin, and maybe have a bake sale or something this week.

I also found out that MOD's CLICK to save babies campaign will be reinstated on November 18. They have already met the original goal of 150,000 clicks, and Cigna is donating $150,000 for that. On November 18, Cigna will donate $1 for everyone who clicks on the wristband that day. So spread the word, e-mail your friends, and remember to go click that wristband next Tuesday!!

Kathy (35)
DH Gavin
DD Abigail~8-10-01~no complications
DD Audrey~ Born 7-25-03 at 33 weeks 6 days~Placental Abruption
kathyc

Return to Parents of Preemies