35 weeks pregnet

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
angelbaby4922

Re : 35 weeks pregnet

Postby angelbaby4922 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:15 pm

thanks to all of u for ur reply i also had a baby at 36 weeks a lil boy who is now 4 but i think the dd was rong so i was a lil scared about a 35 weeker being born but i read other topics and u all have helped a lot i still hope she stays in there a lil longer my self too lol at least to 36 weeks
thanks

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Jan 15, 2006 05:48 pm

I had one at 35 weeks and one at36. Both were fine!

jen44

Postby jen44 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:35 am

My DS was born at 36w0d, he was 6lbs 6oz and a little jaundiced but other than that, was perfectly healthy and never needed any special treatment in the hospital, we went home 3 days later (I had a c-section). Good luck, many prayers for holding out another few weeks!

bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby bonnie » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:30 am

my ds was born at 35 weeks. We did not have steroid shots w/ him. He spent some time in the NICU (a little over 2 weeks) mostly "feeding and growing" and maintaining body temp. However, he did have neonatal sepsis as well.

Good luck!

meg

Postby meg » Sun Jan 15, 2006 09:03 am

Hi and welcome! I am glad you have been able to make it this long! I am Jen's sister ;). Will was born at 35w 4 days. He was 5 lb 1 ounce. He roomed in with me the very first night, didnt need any NICU or special care at all and went home with me on time. Other than a little jaundice, he was fine. Like she said, he will turn 6 next month and has never been delayed at all, he is actually very smart and one of the top readers in his kindergarten class and he is FULL of energy! LOL
I undertand, however, that he is kind of the exception and that alot of 35 weekers do need at leeast alittle help. One thing though, is that most babies at 35 weeks are not given the steriod, but I was. Also, there is a chance the date were wrong and that my son was really 36 weeks. Either way, there is a chance your DD wouldnt need any help at all, and even if she did, it would likely be very minimal!

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Sun Jan 15, 2006 08:25 am

Hi, and welcome. Lots of ladies here have had babies born in the 35 week range, and they have done just fine! We're certainly not doctors, but the chances seem good for a baby born at that time to have a positive outcome.

My nephew was born at 35 weeks/1 day and he weighed about 5 lbs. He came home with his mom, didn't have to stay longer in the hospital, no complications, etc. He's almost 6 now and healthy, smart and active! I know others have similar stories that they can also share with you.

Best of luck........hope you can stay pg a while longer. I know this whole experience is scary, but we all hope for a great outcome for you and the little one!

angelbaby4922

35 weeks pregnet

Postby angelbaby4922 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 03:07 am

i went in to labor at 32 weeks went to hosptial and got there in time to get labor stoped i had to steriod shots and the doctor friday the 13th i could stop takeing the pills to keep me from going
going in to labor so i did and i been herting a lil like i am going
to start contracting again just wonting to know since i just truned 35 weeks on the 14th if she was born in the next day or 2 would she be ok and what probs do they have if any

Return to “Parents of Preemies”