UPDATE on my kids.. been AWOL..

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
raindrop

Re : UPDATE on my kids.. been AWOL..

Postby raindrop » Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:04 pm

Sara,
You are right they are huge compared to how they all started out, Hard to believe it has been so long already. Hard to believe that I joined this board before Wyatt was born.

Wyatt has been in ST since just over 1yr and will be going into it in school too from what they tell me anyways. Something with going thru TN Early Intervention System (where his speech comes from). Since we just found out about the oral delay, we are just now starting to work on that. But we know about it still somewhat early (better docs should have caught it WAY sooner).

How are Maggie and Logan doing?? I know both are just a bit older than my boys. Logan just turned 1, right? maggie will be 3 in a few months if I am thinking right too. Do they get along well, or fight like mine do? My boys fight constantly!![B)] Cant leave them alone for more than 10min and one is hollering or crying[:0].

Email me sometime.. [email protected]

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:59 am

Hi there Donna,
I probably joined in over here at some point when you went AWOL. Nice to meet you and here about your family!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:12 am

Donna!! My old pregnancy buddy! Your kids are getting SO big - I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

I'm so sorry to hear about the struggles that you are having with Wyatt. Is he in any sort of Early Intervention program for the muscle tone or speech delays? It sounds like you have got your hands full just feeding him. I'm sorry, honey.

Thanks so much for popping in to say hi - it was great to hear from you! And thanks for sharing your pics, your kids are adorable! I know you've got your hands full, but keep in touch if you find a minute...

raindrop

UPDATE on my kids.. been AWOL..

Postby raindrop » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:57 pm

http://community.webshots.com/user/mommy_of_4 new pics added

I have been away for quite awhile as we have found out lots of problems for one of my boys (Wyatt) and a few for youngest (Parker), their sis (Whitney) is doing pretty good though.

Whitney is almost out of 1st grade, so hard to believe. She is my first preemie being born at 36wks and 5lbs2oz she is now 1in shy of 4ft and 47lbs. rather skinny for her height, but she is tall for her age too. She doesnt have too many problems related to being early. Asthma would be all I would attribute to it.

Wyatt is almost 3 now, he was my earliest and also ahs been my sickest. 34wks 6d and 4lbs 6.8oz now is 35 1/4in and about 31lbs. Big for being so early but very muscular. He has GERD, asthma, dysphagia (aspirates thin liquids - is on thickened liquids), low muscle control of his tongue (just found out), multiple food allergies(30+) and enviromental allergies(almost all), eosinophillic esophagitis, milk protein allergy, speech delay, possible sensory issues (to be tested), and on a gluten-free diet. Right now he is drinking an elemental formula (Neocate 1+) and has 4 foods he can eat.

Parker is almost 14mo now and been walking since 10mo tries to say everything Wyatt does (NO speech problems with him[;)] ) He was born at 38wks and a few days(brain is gone for get how many days) I had GD and PE with him. He was my big baby, 7lbs 3oz. He cant drink milk or soy and I am thinking he may have a few others food allergies as well, we just havent found them out yet.

Just thought I would stop by and give an update on the younguns and let everyone know I am still alive. Hope everyone is doing well and having term, healthy babes.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”