HEY!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re : HEY!

Postby rosemary » Sat May 27, 2006 09:52 am

WOW! I just came across this thread and realized that you had the girls. Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you. You and the girls will be in my prayers. God Bless You!

jjohnston

Postby jjohnston » Fri May 26, 2006 09:59 pm

Oh, Cassie.. I've missed you and prayed for you so much. I don't know if you remember me. We had identical experiences with my daughter Maria and your Kaitlyn and we emailed a few times before you found out your were pregnant with the twins. I have been following your story through Lori on the pregnant again board (I'm expecting a boy in 10 weeks!) I couldn't stop crying tears of joy, looking at the photos of your beautiful girls. You have been so blessed.
I really feel for you, both for all you've been through thus far and what you are going through right now.. it brings back memories of our days in the NICU with my son Seth 3 years ago, except I only had one! I know how exhausted you feel and hoe much you are pushing yourself for the girls. I remember I tried to get off the pain meds too soon, thinking it would help Seth stay awake better, but my bp spiked from the pain and i felt even worse... Then i had to worry about the effects of the bp meds on the baby.. All that said, I really suggest you go ahead and take the pain meds when you need them. If it takes the girls a couple more days to come home because they're a little sleepy for feedings, oh well.. they need their rest right now too. Who knows, they may even gain weight faster with more rest. I just know the nurses told me the Lortab in the breastmilk was safer for them than Lebetalol or other bp meds in the milk. Just a suggestion from a mother hen!! Please take care of yourself!
I don't know if you're doing this, but I eventually found that it was best to go ahead and give myself one four-hour break without pumping during the night, just to catch up on your rest. It might feel like you're going to pop that first night, but your body will adjust to the night schedule quickly and you'll be surprised how good that extra hour of sleep feels!!
One more tip.. I wish someone had told me this sooner.. while Seth was in the NICU, i tried to avoid pumping for a few hours before our time together so my breasts would be really full for him.. i didn't realize they can be too full and actually prevent the baby (especially a preemie) from latching on. I finally discovered that he would latch on better if I manually expressed a little first to soften things up (washcloths come in handy!)
Please keep us posted. I am praying for you and the girls!
Congratulations and hugs, hugs, hugs!!
Love,Jen

caitlynsmama

Postby caitlynsmama » Mon May 22, 2006 09:56 pm

Congrats Cassie! I have been looking for updates on you and the girls and have enjoyed this one. They are both beautiful. I give you LOTS of credit for being strong enough to have two of them. Keep up the good work Mom!

knsaylor23

Postby knsaylor23 » Mon May 22, 2006 02:47 pm

Awww Cassie CONGRATS!! They are so beautiful. Continued thoughts and prayers coming your way.. AND HUGE HUGSSSSSS!!!

shel81495

Postby shel81495 » Mon May 22, 2006 08:23 am

Congrats! I know how it feels to want your son in to see them. My son is 7 weeks and they wont let my kids in.. their rule is no one under 10. Good Luck with everything!!

amillhouse

Postby amillhouse » Sun May 21, 2006 03:36 pm

Wow, Cassie - you are an inspiration to us all!

sandy

Postby sandy » Sat May 20, 2006 11:49 pm

Cassie,
Congratulations! Take care of yourself and those beautiful little girls.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat May 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Cassie,

Congratulations, and know how thrilled we all are for you!!!

tracey

Postby tracey » Sat May 20, 2006 08:56 pm

Cassie,
A huge congratulations to you and your family! You are truly amazing, and your girls are so beautiful! Hugs.

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Sat May 20, 2006 07:54 pm

Cassie,

The girls are perfect! They are so pretty. Take care and rest as much as you can. Sending lots of prayers and love your way...

Hugs,

Return to “Parents of Preemies”