HEY!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
princess purr

Re : HEY!

Postby princess purr » Sat May 20, 2006 06:22 pm

(((HUGS))) I am sooooooo happy for you! The girls look great, and you look good too! I hope everyone keeps doing good and they can be back together soon. It will be so nice when everyone gets to come home! (((HUGS)))

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:53 am

Im so tired. I keep meaning to get on here and read through everything Ive missed but this exhaustion is nuts. We are officially moved into the RMD house, our room is pretty small and has no AC....gets really hot here in Ga too, this week is supposed to be in the 90s...but at least we are here with the girls. Stephen is upstairs attempting a nap, dh went to get me some food.
Girls are doing ok....we are waiting some labs on Madi, she was cold this morning, only 96, they put her on a warming blanket thingy that brought her temp up. She also had more than usual risidual this morning. Both girls are still under the bili lights. Both have gained some wieght...Madi is only 2 lbs 9 oz right now, so she is trying to gain back her birth wieght. I held Brooke for about an hour and a half this morning, she cracks me up. Both yesterday and today as soon as she was laid on my chest she automatically starting looking for a nipple LOL. She is doing pretty good trying to nurse. Today they are going to have us try a bottle and see how she does. As soon as we took off the covers on her eyes, she lifted her head, yes I said she lifted her head, and looked around for a good minute before her head got too heavy for her LOL. Hopefully the girls will get to be together soon but that all depends on how Madi does. Milk is coming in a little better now, up to 3 oz every 3 hours right now. Im trying to take less pain meds, but Im still in quite a bit of pain. My blood count went down a little more, yesterday it was 5.7, was 6 a few days before, so Im just continueing all those iron meds. Anyways, Im going to try to get some rest before the inlaws get here. Thanks again everyone!

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Sat May 20, 2006 08:04 am

Cassie,
You know I am thrilled and so proud of you! You did such an amazing job with keeping on top of everything, being your own and your girls' best advocate, and growing those babies on bedrest! And just think about all the worries and how many tears you cried being scared and now you have your perfect, healthy, big (well by our previous standards) girls! I knew everything was going to be just fine. The girls are absolutely beautiful and will be home in no time at all. The best is yet to come as there is really nothing better that ID twin girls!! Congrats!!

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Fri May 19, 2006 12:11 am

Cassie,

It is great to see you posting. The girls are beautiful. I hope their stay in the NICU is smooth and short. Rest as much as you can and enjoy thos babies!

gilma

Postby gilma » Fri May 19, 2006 11:44 am

Cassie and family,
Your girls are gorgeous and you guys are really awesome. Congratulations to you once again! It's really good to see you around again. You've been missed! Take good care of yourself and in turn take care of those precious baby girls! Looking forward to your next update....after every nap you can steal!

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Cassie, What beautiful girls!!!

patricks mommy

Postby patricks mommy » Fri May 19, 2006 10:44 am

Cassie,

The girls are beautiful. I love the kangaroo pics. They bring back so many memories. That was my favorite time with my son. Make sure to take care of yourself and get enough rest. I know it is hard to do because you want to be in the NICU as much as possible, but those girls will need you in top condition when they come home:) Congrats!!!

jaxsmom

Postby jaxsmom » Fri May 19, 2006 10:26 am

Cassie, the girls are beautiful... I'm soo happy for you.. You did an awesome job...

Congratulations Again...

onfaith

Postby onfaith » Fri May 19, 2006 08:45 am

Cassie - the girls are gorgeous!!! I am so happy that you are all doing well.....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Counting down to coming home!!!!

thw75

Postby thw75 » Fri May 19, 2006 08:24 am

Cassie, I am SO happy to see that your girls are here and doing so great! What a miracle! Congratulations!!!!! Taryn

Return to “Parents of Preemies”