update on Nathanial

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
mommyof1

Re : update on Nathanial

Postby mommyof1 » Mon Sep 10, 637668 12:18 pm

I am so sorry. I know this is a lot to handle and a shock. I will pray for you and your family

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Sep 10, 637668 12:10 pm

I am so sorry.....

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon Sep 10, 637668 9:19 am

I'm so sorry Tanya. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers during this time. ((((((HUGS))))))

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Mon Sep 10, 637668 1:25 am

So sorry tanya. If you ever need anything ever..... contact me I am only an hour away and you know I will be here for you ... and your family. If you ever just need to vent I will be here to listen to that too. Sending Nathanial and your family many ((HUGS))

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Sep 09, 637668 9:47 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of Nathaniel's diagnosis. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you begin this journey. I'm glad you were investigative enough to push for the proper diagnosis for your son; he's lucky to have parents who love him so much!

youtan

update on Nathanial

Postby youtan » Sun Sep 09, 637668 9:42 pm

Its been awhile since I've posted anything. But, we've gotten some very sad news.

Nathanial tested positive for muscular dystrophy. We found out last week. Its been a horrible week for my family. Please pray for us during this time - as we come to terms with what this means and as we research and learn about a completely different condition.

I do want to say this: if you ever suspect anything with your health or your kids, keep asking the doctors. We went a few years wondering why he got so tired, why he can't swing, why he can't keep up and they kept shrugging and telling us that he was a preemie, don't worry. By posting here and listening to all your stories, I was able to understand that his symptoms weren't a preemie thing. And now we know for sure.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting, tho', for awhile. I'll be lurking now and again - and wish you all the best as I continue to cry for each of your heartaches and joys. You have all been such an inspiration to me. Love ya all!!!!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”