myspace page and a question

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
jenn
Forum Moderator

Re : myspace page and a question

Postby jenn » Sat Jun 16, 638001 2:20 pm

Boo, my word girlie!
Here, again, your thinking of others.
Selfless Diva!
You baffle me!

I believe any gift from the heart would do.

Many blessings to baby Ivee!

mada

Postby mada » Sat Jun 16, 638001 4:32 am

Nurses love getting goodies....a basket of cookies.....bagels, whatever! I sent a basket to our nurses after Sam was born with gourmet hot cocoa and cookies. Ivee is in my prayers!!!

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Jun 16, 638001 3:57 am

p.s. We just sent cards with pictures to the nurses and doctors after discharge.

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Jun 16, 638001 3:55 am

So sorry to hear about Ivee's bleed... Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers ((hugs))

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Thu Jun 14, 638001 6:48 pm

I brought in a basket of baked goodies for my nursing team after my DD was born 3 years ago. They were all so awesome I felt like "thanks" just didn't cut it. Then I felt like I had to be all apologetic because they being health professionals would never eat "naughty" foods like fudge and cookies, LOL. They were like, "Are you kidding?!" Ha!

I bet they would really appreciate if you got them a little something. And that one nurse who sat up all night with you holding the baby's monitor certainly deserves it in my book!

OMG - I just read Ivee's myspace page - I'm so sorry about her brain bleed! She is in my prayers every day. I hope it turns out OK!

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Thu Jun 14, 638001 3:43 pm

Alex's parents visited us last year from Germany and brought lots of chocolates. We took some into the nurses for Christmas.

And I think after we came home, we took in a fruit basket or something ... I know that we took in a fruit basket to my OB's office. I'm pretty sure we did the same for the NICU.

We also just sent them a Christmas card from Germany - may not seem like much, but it's actually quite expensive to mail just one little card (over $2.00 per card!!!)

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Thu Jun 14, 638001 3:36 pm

Boo, what a great idea to keep everyone updated! I just checked out the page and am so sorry about Ivee's brain bleed. I'm praying with you that it's "only" a grade one.

As for nurses, we never did get any gifts, although once we had pizza sent up for the NICU staff and they LOVED it. There were several nurses who went above and beyond, and made some lasting memories for us, and in retrospect I wish I had done something - even just a card expressing how much their care meant to our family.

mommyboo

myspace page and a question

Postby mommyboo » Thu Jun 14, 638001 1:32 pm

Since I feel like all I'm doing is updating when I get online, I thought I'd put this page together so I can just update in one place. If you want to be added as a friend or just read her updates, please do. We'd love any comments or well wishes as well.
http://www.myspace.com/6miraclez

Now my question. Did anyone give gifts to their nurses? Either when you left or for the holidays if your baby was there over Christmas? There are a couple nurses that know us from our last baby and have been taking care of Ivee this time around that I would like to get gifts for Christmas but I have no idea what to get. I also had a nurse in L&D that went above and beyond looking out for me that I would like to get something for. Any ideas?

Return to “Parents of Preemies”