Milk Production

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Milk Production

Postby maddiekinsmom » Wed Mar 31, 2004 05:23 pm

Hi Matty -

I too had the same exact problem. My daughter was born at 29 weeks and I kept pumping for 16 weeks, but gave up because my production was so low. I don't think I even pumped more than 6 - 8 ounces in a day. Unfortunately, the reglan didn't work for me. I hope that maybe it will help you.

Some women swear by a tea - Mother's Milk tea - I think?? Or some ladies have had luck drinking tons of fluids. Sorry I'm not much help, but I wish you luck! It's great that you're pumping - any amount of breastmilk your little one gets is terrific! Take care.

Madeleine 4/8/01 (29 weeker: 1 lb,14oz; severe PE, IUGR)

Milk Production

Postby matty » Wed Mar 31, 2004 05:15 pm

Has anyone have problems with milk production because of severe preelcamspia and the baby born too early?

My son was born at 28 4/7 weeks and I've been pumping but my milk production is very low that I had to be put on Reglan. My milk production improved but just a little. I'm only able to produce 8-10 ounce of milk in a 24 hour period. Has any one else has this problem?

Return to “Parents of Preemies”