Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby angelical » Wed Jun 02, 2004 07:12 pm

That is wonderful news! Hearing your story brings back so many memories.

As for the turn to the hospital, we drove past ours this weekend, and it seemed strange (after 2 years!) to go on past!

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH
angelical

Postby worriedhubby20 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 07:50 pm

Today Parker received his 2 month immunizations and had his predischarge hearing and eye exam. Passed them with flying colors. He was feeling quite moody due to the shots, but still managed to take all of his feeds well. He is continuing to maintain his temp while in the crib, and is putting on the weight. He will probably be near 4.5 - 4.6 lbs. by the time I get there tonight. I think he will be coming home Friday or Saturday, still unsure about the exacts, but now that the time is near and I can see it, I feel energized. More updates soon!

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby sandy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 08:42 pm

How exciting!!!!!!!!

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

Risk factors: HBP/asthma/high cholesterol

currently TTC for #2
sandy

Postby annes » Thu Jun 03, 2004 05:29 am

GREAT NEWS[8D]! I bet you cannot wait to have him all to yourselves at home! My Parker put on a pound in one week of being home, and has continued to thrive. Hope he's home with you in less than a week!

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby iansmom » Thu Jun 03, 2004 09:30 am

That is so great! He'll be big before you know it. I was just pondering your previous posts about cost of formula, etc. Hopefully the hospital has already told you this, but babies born under 1000 grams are eligible for social security benefits. It is not much, but it helps. Although, if I remember correctly, you automatically are approved while in the hospital, but it is income dependent when he is discharged. Good Luck. Also, Ian was on Human Milk Fortifier - very expensive - for a while. My pediatrician got boxes of it for me for free from the rep. I bet yours can get some formula.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
#2 EDD July 15, 2004
iansmom

Postby angelical » Thu Jun 03, 2004 01:09 pm

Actually, Aaron is still on the PA medical benefits. That isn't income dependent. But an actual SSI check would have been.

Good thought! That is a huge help, not having that insurance bill on us.

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH
angelical

Postby celticepona » Mon Jun 07, 2004 09:28 am

So cool! Em got her 2 month shots the day after Parker did...and she slept for 24 hours and did not eat much afterward...but she got out of it...how is your Parker feeling? You must be so excited! Good luck and keep us updated! :)

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby worriedhubby20 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 08:32 pm

I wish I could think of the words to write down to express how I feel, but I just can't think of anything other than to say "Thank you Lord". Parker made it home Saturday. He is doing FANTASTIC. He had a little problem with gas yesterday, but I went to Wal-Mart and got some drops for him and he's been great since. We are so thankful to have him home. His family has finally had the chance to really see him. He is sooooo loved!!! I stayed up all night Friday night with him, allowing the wife to sleep so she could be with him Saturday while I did the yardwork. Parker did very well with his shots, a little on the groggy side most of the day, and his circumcision went good as well. I took off this week, but ran out here to catch up on some work that needed to be done, then back to feed the little man. I have 4 days of military duty that I will have to do this weekend, but I know that my boy will be there when I get home. It's a great feeling. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with my son and giving all of the helpful advice. You all mean more to us than you will ever know. Our love goes out to each of you. I'll continue to post updates on the little one and update his web page weekly.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby julie f » Mon Jun 07, 2004 09:42 pm

Oh Rob, I am so excited and happy and overjoyed and a million more wonderful things for you, your wife and Parker!!!!![:D] I just got the goosebumps at reading your post, what a special weekend for you!

I am so glad he is home with you, safe and sound!!! Please do keep us updated!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby sarab » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:04 pm

[:D]Congratulations Parker!![:D]

What wonderful news! I'm so glad that he is home safe and sound. Give little Parker and your wife a hug from all of us.

Don't be a stranger, you know how we love updates!

Sara, 24
Local Coordinator, Utah
Moderator, "After Your Baby is Born"

DH, Scott, 26
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of Preemies