Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
mada

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby mada » Tue Apr 13, 2004 06:20 am

So glad to hear about PArker!! That's so great[:)] YOur poor wife!! She has been through the mill here!! I had a friend who had mastitis and said it was the most painful thing...I hope she is feeling better soon!! How are you doing? I am sure breathing a bit easier these days[;)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

julie f

Postby julie f » Tue Apr 13, 2004 00:55 am

Oh my goodness, you guys certainly aren't getting any rest huh?

That's great news about Parker's breathing and feedings. I pray that his labs even out soon and that he can just concentrate on getting bigger and coming home!

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's troubles, I can imagine that must be incredibly painful. As if she hasn't been through enough. She is in my continued prayers as well.

Please give us another update when you get a free second!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator

emmybree

Postby emmybree » Mon Apr 12, 2004 06:26 pm

OH MY! How scary for you and your wife! I hope she is okay and feeling better soon! Great news about Parker!!!! [:)] I am still keeping him in my thoughts and hope he is home in you and your wifes arms very soon! [:)]

Mommy to:

Breanna (1-25-02)
Emilie (2-19-03)

worriedhubby20

Postby worriedhubby20 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 05:26 pm

Thank you again for all of the supportive words. Parker was removed from all breathing apparatus today. He is maintining his oxygen level and had no D-cells in the last 24 hrs. They have upped his feedings to 10cc's every 6 hours. Now if they could just get his labs back to normal, I'd rest alot easier. He has jaundice, and the doc says his liver is sluggish, but he gave him some antibiotics and for direct jaundice and photo-therapy for the indirect, also increased his feedings. I'm sure that he will be fine. On the downside, I had to rush my wife to the E.R. Saturday a.m. for a 103.7 temp. The doc initially said he thought she possibly had a uterine infection, white blood count over 22,000. But today, he sided with me and asked that she see the lactation nurse for treatments for mastisis. She told me that when she felt a fever coming on, her right breast would hurt, become very hot, and feel lumpy. Her milk production also decreased. The nurse told us that she needed to use warm wet compresses and massage it regularly to get the ducts to open back up. The Keflex that the doc prescribed and the strong antibiotics they gave her in the E.R. should take care of any infection. I pray that all goes well for both of them the next 24 hours. I'll update again tomorrow.

Rob

jacksmom_erin

Postby jacksmom_erin » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:27 am

Hi Rob,
I just read your posts. We can home a year ago today after spending 6 weeks in the NICU 500km from our home. Our 31 weeker is now healthy and happy. A nurse suggested that I keep a journal while sitting endless hours watching monitors. Now I look back and it really helped keep me sane while my husband was at work. Looking back he thinks that he should have taken short term disability for stress. It was too hard on him to work, run the house, comfort me and travel between home and the hospital. We will be thinking of you this weekend. Next year it will be a time to enjoy your family at home.

Erin

kim

Postby kim » Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:08 am

Hi Rob,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and Parker. I can sympathize with how hard everything is for you. My poor husband was a wreck after our ordeal. Take care!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/

sandy

Postby sandy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 07:53 pm

Happy Easter. Continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers. One day, one hour, at a time...

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP/chronic HBP/asthma

worriedhubby20

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 06:58 pm

Thanks to all of you wonderful people who care so much! I will try to burn a disc and post his picture next week. To everyone, Happy Easter![:D]

Rob

ryansmommy

Postby ryansmommy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 05:38 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your son! My son Ryan was born 31.4 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia and weighed in at 2lbs 15ozs. My pre-eclampsia progressed quickly, I was diagnosed on a thursday only to have him on the following monday. Ryan stayed in the hospital for only 3 1/2 weeks mostly to fatten up. However those few weeks seemed like years I was there every day several times a day talking to him praying with/for him. Of course this is almost 10 months ago and he is a healthy little boy with so much energy!! Keep praying and going to see him as much as you can talk to him tell him how much you love him and that in no time he will be home with the two of you! I will keep Parker in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated!

mada

Postby mada » Thu Apr 08, 2004 03:52 pm

Awesome!! An up day!! And whenever you can. we would all love to ooh and aah over little Parker's picture..(hint)[:D]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”