Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby celticepona » Sun Sep 05, 2004 08:42 pm

by celticepona (1273 Posts), Sun Sep 05, 2004 08:42 pm

Emmy is teething too now, and our little ones are around the same age...so hang in there. Her appitite goes up and down too. Thanks for the good work you did for Florida, I have family down there, and Emmy and I went down there from Aug 23-29...(Emmy dipped her toes in the ocean), and I know they need all the help they can get! (My family got rained all over by Frances now :( ) Anyway, good luck in San Antnio, and you will be back with your little guy before you know it!

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby worriedhubby20 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 09:08 pm

by worriedhubby20 (77 Posts), Tue Sep 14, 2004 09:08 pm

I'm wondering if I will ever have any free time again. Military duty, civilian job, and now hurricane relief? It seems to never end. Mr. Parker seems to have really missed me while I was in San Antonio. He wouldn't stop smiling when I got home. He gets bigger by the day. My family is traveling in from Georgia and Florida Friday or Saturday, if Ivan permits, to have a little family party for Parker. I guess it is a combination welcome to the family and belated baby shower.

Parker has been eating cereal for a while now, and doing quite well with it. This is his 2nd week with stage 1 fruits and veggies. I think his favorite is banana's. He gets so dirty when he eats[:D]. His face gets covered. His entire face gets coated. He likes to put his hands in his mouth and smear it around. I told my wife that it scares me to think when he can start using a spoon on his own. I'm guessing that he is somewhere over the 11 lbs. range. He's continuing with the drooling, and loves to talk while I'm driving. If anyone has any info on Julie and her pregnancy, please let us know. They are in our prayers. I'll post more later.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby mada » Wed Sep 15, 2004 07:06 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Wed Sep 15, 2004 07:06 am

Rob,
It's so wonderful to hear that Parker is doing so absolutley well!!! I hope Ivan settles down and your family does indeed get together!! How many months is he now? Wow, does time fly!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby celticepona » Fri Sep 17, 2004 09:34 am

by celticepona (1273 Posts), Fri Sep 17, 2004 09:34 am

Parker should be about 5 mos now right? His b-day is a couple of days before Emmy's. Just let me say your son is gorgeous and growing like a weed! god bless him!!!!!!! My hubby, Rich, is in the guard and working full time...so he misses his little girl, he is so happy to see her when he can. I hope things calm down there for you so you can get some Parker time....enough with the hurricanes down there already!

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies