Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 02:36 pm

quote:
Originally posted by EmmyBree

Congrats on the birth of your son! I hope he continues to strive and do well! Emilie was born at 31 weeks due to preeclampsia/toxcemia, my placenta also stopped working and she wasnt growing so they took her two days later after giving me shots for lung maturty, not sure if they did that or not with your son, but I guess it depends on how badly he needed to come out. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts [:)]

Mommy to:

Breanna (1-25-02)
Emilie (2-19-03)

Thanks so much. They gave the steroid shots the day after she was put in the hospital, and delivered him nearly 3 weeks later. Today seems to have been a better day. He would open his eyes and look at me, stretch and yawn. His lab work returned to normal, but the doc said he was going to give him some antibiotics for a possible infection. If things go good tonight, he said he would like to start him on breastmilk tomorrow. Parker looked so much better today. His tummy looked thicker, ribs weren't protuding, he had really good color, and they reduced the number of times the ventilator had to breath for him. He is still on room air only, no oxygen. I'm very proud of him!!!
worriedhubby20

Postby julie f » Thu Apr 08, 2004 02:43 pm

So glad to hear a good update on little Parker!

How is your wife holding up?

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 03:10 pm

The wife is doing great!! Physically, she amazes me. Today really brightened her up to see him looking so much better. I sure makes things alot easier on me to have both of them having good days. Thank you for your concern and well wishes. I print these out nightly for the wife to read when I get home from work.

Rob
father to James Parker, 30 weeks, mom had severe PE, 1 lb. 14 oz.
quote:
Originally posted by Pelote77

So glad to hear a good update on little Parker!

How is your wife holding up?

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator

worriedhubby20

Postby emmybree » Thu Apr 08, 2004 03:52 pm

I just wanted to say its good to hear how a man feels about all this, I was a bigger mess with Emilie because I felt helpless being I couldnt drive and dh had to work, and then I couldnt pick up my older daughter so my MIL had to stay and help out. I am glad that he is doing better and I hope he continues! I hope your wife feels better soon too! Trust me I know exactly what her feelings are, it still makes me cry to hear stories like yours!

Mommy to:

Breanna (1-25-02)
Emilie (2-19-03)
emmybree

Postby mada » Thu Apr 08, 2004 03:52 pm

Awesome!! An up day!! And whenever you can. we would all love to ooh and aah over little Parker's picture..(hint)[:D]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby ryansmommy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 05:38 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your son! My son Ryan was born 31.4 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia and weighed in at 2lbs 15ozs. My pre-eclampsia progressed quickly, I was diagnosed on a thursday only to have him on the following monday. Ryan stayed in the hospital for only 3 1/2 weeks mostly to fatten up. However those few weeks seemed like years I was there every day several times a day talking to him praying with/for him. Of course this is almost 10 months ago and he is a healthy little boy with so much energy!! Keep praying and going to see him as much as you can talk to him tell him how much you love him and that in no time he will be home with the two of you! I will keep Parker in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated!
ryansmommy

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 06:58 pm

Thanks to all of you wonderful people who care so much! I will try to burn a disc and post his picture next week. To everyone, Happy Easter![:D]

Rob
worriedhubby20

Postby sandy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 07:53 pm

Happy Easter. Continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers. One day, one hour, at a time...

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP/chronic HBP/asthma
sandy

Postby kim » Fri Apr 09, 2004 09:08 am

Hi Rob,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and Parker. I can sympathize with how hard everything is for you. My poor husband was a wreck after our ordeal. Take care!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/
kim

Postby jacksmom_erin » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:27 am

Hi Rob,
I just read your posts. We can home a year ago today after spending 6 weeks in the NICU 500km from our home. Our 31 weeker is now healthy and happy. A nurse suggested that I keep a journal while sitting endless hours watching monitors. Now I look back and it really helped keep me sane while my husband was at work. Looking back he thinks that he should have taken short term disability for stress. It was too hard on him to work, run the house, comfort me and travel between home and the hospital. We will be thinking of you this weekend. Next year it will be a time to enjoy your family at home.

Erin
jacksmom_erin

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of Preemies