Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
worriedhubby20

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby worriedhubby20 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 09:36 am

Parker has been doing really good since arriving home. He seems like a real baby now. I guess he must of forgot the routine that he had in the NICU, as now he cries alot and has had problems with gas. We are trying to keep him on the same routine that he has had until his 1st pediatric visit on the 17th. I hope that he continues to do well, I know he will. Maybe he will remember that it is time to sleep at night and stay awake during the day. I've been doing the 1100 pm and 0200 am feeds and let the wife have the 0500 am feeds. We sort of split the others. He gets his baths after his 8 pm feeding and has had no problems dirtying a diaper. More updates to follow!

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Jun 08, 2004 05:05 pm

Rob - what a great feeling! It brings tears to my eyes! I know the day Hannah left the NICU I felt like I was dreaming. I couldn't believe I was taking home the same itty bitty baby that they docs didn't think would survive. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us.

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!

maddiekinsmom

Postby maddiekinsmom » Tue Jun 08, 2004 02:15 pm

Hip! Hip! Hooray!!!!!!! I am so happy for all of you. May this weekend go quickly for you so you can get home to enjoy Parker!

Take care!

Rachel
Madeleine 4/8/01 (29 weeker: 1 lb,14oz; severe PE, IUGR)

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:34 am

congrats! Em and i are so happy! now relax and enjoy your little one. god bless !!!!!!!

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:04 pm

[:D]Congratulations Parker!![:D]

What wonderful news! I'm so glad that he is home safe and sound. Give little Parker and your wife a hug from all of us.

Don't be a stranger, you know how we love updates!

Sara, 24
Local Coordinator, Utah
Moderator, "After Your Baby is Born"

DH, Scott, 26
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Jun 07, 2004 09:42 pm

Oh Rob, I am so excited and happy and overjoyed and a million more wonderful things for you, your wife and Parker!!!!![:D] I just got the goosebumps at reading your post, what a special weekend for you!

I am so glad he is home with you, safe and sound!!! Please do keep us updated!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 9, 2005!!!!

Southern California Coordinator

worriedhubby20

Postby worriedhubby20 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 08:32 pm

I wish I could think of the words to write down to express how I feel, but I just can't think of anything other than to say "Thank you Lord". Parker made it home Saturday. He is doing FANTASTIC. He had a little problem with gas yesterday, but I went to Wal-Mart and got some drops for him and he's been great since. We are so thankful to have him home. His family has finally had the chance to really see him. He is sooooo loved!!! I stayed up all night Friday night with him, allowing the wife to sleep so she could be with him Saturday while I did the yardwork. Parker did very well with his shots, a little on the groggy side most of the day, and his circumcision went good as well. I took off this week, but ran out here to catch up on some work that needed to be done, then back to feed the little man. I have 4 days of military duty that I will have to do this weekend, but I know that my boy will be there when I get home. It's a great feeling. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with my son and giving all of the helpful advice. You all mean more to us than you will ever know. Our love goes out to each of you. I'll continue to post updates on the little one and update his web page weekly.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Mon Jun 07, 2004 09:28 am

So cool! Em got her 2 month shots the day after Parker did...and she slept for 24 hours and did not eat much afterward...but she got out of it...how is your Parker feeling? You must be so excited! Good luck and keep us updated! :)

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/

angelical

Postby angelical » Thu Jun 03, 2004 01:09 pm

Actually, Aaron is still on the PA medical benefits. That isn't income dependent. But an actual SSI check would have been.

Good thought! That is a huge help, not having that insurance bill on us.

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH

iansmom

Postby iansmom » Thu Jun 03, 2004 09:30 am

That is so great! He'll be big before you know it. I was just pondering your previous posts about cost of formula, etc. Hopefully the hospital has already told you this, but babies born under 1000 grams are eligible for social security benefits. It is not much, but it helps. Although, if I remember correctly, you automatically are approved while in the hospital, but it is income dependent when he is discharged. Good Luck. Also, Ian was on Human Milk Fortifier - very expensive - for a while. My pediatrician got boxes of it for me for free from the rep. I bet yours can get some formula.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
#2 EDD July 15, 2004

Return to “Parents of Preemies”