duh, I acc. posted this in the wrong area...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
pugmommy7

duh, I acc. posted this in the wrong area...

Postby pugmommy7 » Wed Jun 22, 637025 4:43 pm

Ok,
I need to get a 5 subject notebook now to keep track of all this.

I saw the Dr. today and he was NOT happy w/ my BGL's. He said I have to start insulin this week.NPH slow acting. No biggie.

The stupid bloodwork from 2 weeks ago....is still not all in. It keeps coming in dribs and drabs.(the dna,clotting disorders/comprehensive etc etc etc)

I gained 2 pounds in one week. I freaked, but he said it was ok b/c I was down a pound last week and only really put on one, and there was no swelling whatsoever.

Bp was 130/80. They said that was fine even though the systoloc was 10 points higher. I don't think they really care until the diostolic gets higher.
~whew~

So, as of 32 weeks, I will go for NST's 2x a week (mon,wed's)and a fluid check each Monday via ultrasound. (I think that has more to do w/ a risk or polyhydromnia w/GD)
***Secretly I am so happy just to think about passing the 32 week mark, that I will do anything!

I don't know how the lab/del. US's will effect the 4 week fetal growth ones. If they'll cancel each ther out or what, I had better mention that next week.

geesh!

Lemme know what you guys think about all this.
Love, jennifer

Mama to Bella,1/02/03, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,& HELLP.
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04

5thtymachrm

Re : duh, I acc. posted this in the wrong area...

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Jun 22, 637025 8:50 pm

Jennifer,
I did all the same stuff, the 2x/wk nst's and the fluid by u/s on monday's, this is NOT the same as your big u/s every 4wks. it is just a quickie thing that they measure the fluid around the baby. they usually use a lowend u/s to do this. I couldn't even tell what the baby looked like on it. no worries, you still should be having the level2 u/s also.

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:33 weeks of bedrest!, PIH(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/indigopage/
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks

laura

Postby laura » Wed Jun 22, 637025 9:18 pm

Jennifer, sound like they're pretty darned on the ball to me![:)]

Where did you mean to post this? I can move it wherever ya want....

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Wed Jun 22, 637025 10:03 pm

hehe after awhile don't you feel less like a pregnant woman and more like a test subject/pin cushion all in one!

Erin

Moderator - First Time Moms, Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex and Mason

pugmommy7

Postby pugmommy7 » Thu Jun 23, 637025 1:28 pm

Laura, I originally posted it under "parents of preemies", my other big haunt around here[;)].

It makes me feel great that you say they sound "on the ball". I am a worrier, as you prob know by now!
I do feel great about this practice.
*They did save my life last time, after all[:)]

& Elizabeth, thanks for the U/S info, is the level II the one that I get at the imaging center??
Or is it a 3/d-4/d?

-Erin, I know what you're sayin'!!

Thanks ladies, you know I love ya'
~Jennifer

Mama to Bella,1/02/03, born 33 and 5/7 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz.Pre-E and PIH,& HELLP.
Babygirl #2,EDD 6/24/04

Return to “Parents of Preemies”