Four Years Ago...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
emersons mom

Re : Four Years Ago...

Postby emersons mom » Fri Apr 02, 638309 8:13 pm

happy birthday! and I can relate....I look at the clock and try to cut emerson's bday cake at the same time he was delivered, 6:31 pm.....I so remember the trip to the or and seeing the clock saying 6:18.....doesn't time fly?

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Fri Apr 02, 638309 1:58 pm

Yes,I sure do know EXACTLY what you are talking about.I am so grateful for my children.They are my incredible miracles.My son was born at 30W5D.I hope Jake's 4th birthday is very very special!!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Apr 02, 638309 8:24 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!

Val, I know exactly how you feel...

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Fri Apr 02, 638309 12:32 am

Val,
I totally understand as I went through the whole thing myself. With my son's 4th birthday coming in Nov. I think back to when he was born and wondering if I ever was going to celabrate his day and I am so blessed that I can. It seems just like yesterday that everything happen but going on 4 years. I look forward to doing everything with my son and I don't take it for granted one day that I have him, he's my miracle.

ozierja

Postby ozierja » Sun Oct 29, 638305 9:50 am

I am there too and four years is quickly approaching. Kelly Ann saw a picture of herself in the NICU and asked if she was sick. Then she told me she did not like the picture and put it away in a drawer.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Wed Sep 13, 638305 7:40 pm

Hugs Val! And happy birthday kisses to Jake. ALl of us here know exactly how you feel. I'm there every year.....

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Wed Sep 13, 638305 6:00 pm

Happy Birthday Jake!

bellemama

Four Years Ago...

Postby bellemama » Wed Sep 13, 638305 5:01 pm

Four years ago today, my beautiful Jake was born at 30w2d, due to Class I HELLP.

It's always such a bittersweet time. Of course, I love celebrating Jake's birthday with him, and making him feel extra, extra special and loved on "his" day. And I am truly thankful that he is here and so healthy, verbal, and perfect in every way.

But, in some ways it's sort of like celebrating the anniversary of a serious car wreck or something, you know? I so vividly remember that time and what it was like...not knowing if Jake would live or die...and if he did, not knowing if I would live to see his birthdays...my ex telling me about his affair...such a stressful, sad time.

But I also remember being wheeled up to see my beautiful boy for the first time and touching his tiny little hand...getting to hold him in my arms, wires, tubes and all...

It's a very weird feeling, when the birth of your child isn't one of the happiest days of your life, and not something that many people understand...I'm sorry so many of us know what that's like! So my wish on my son's birthday is that we find a cause for PE/HELLP and no other woman or baby has to suffer from it again!

Thanks for letting me vent...

Return to “Parents of Preemies”