31 wk preemie w/ tummy distended/need help

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : 31 wk preemie w/ tummy distended/need help

Postby marybees » Tue May 04, 2004 10:50 pm

MY BABY WAS 30 WEEKS AT BIRTH 2LBS 12 OUNCES.THE FIRST WEEK OR TWO OF FEEDING HIS TUMMY BECAME DISTENDED AND THEY GOT BILE RETURNS THEY HAD TO STOP AND START HIS FEEDS SEVERAL TIMES BEFOR HE FINALLY JUST TOLERATED IT.THEY DID ABDOMINAL XRAYS AND LABS ON MY SON WHICH CAME BACK FINE.I GUESS HIS TUMMY JUST WASNT READY.I PROVIDED EXPRESSED BREATMILK AS WELL.I HOPE YOU DAUGHTER IS BEGINNING TO RECOVER.I SUFFERED SEVERE ECLAMPSIA AND WAS HEADED INTO HELLP WHEN I DELIVERED.IT CAN BE A SLOW RECOVERY.THE KEY IS WHEN THEY FIND THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS.THEY HAD TO GO THRU SEVERAL WITH ME BEFORE THEY FOUND ONES THAT WORKED.I WAS ON THEM FOR 2 AND A HALF MONTHS POST DELIVERY.IT CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING BEING SICK YOURSELF AND COPING WITH THE PREEMIE ISSUES.AT TIMES IT CAN SEEM LIKE THE WORLD IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL.TELL YOUR DAUGHTER TO HANG IN THERE EVENTUALLY THE STORM DOES CALM.AND SHE AND HER BABY WILL START TO MAKE SOME WONDERFUL MEMORIES TOGETHER. MARY

BABY HUNTER 30 WEEKER 2LBS 12 OUNCES
6 MONTHS OLD NOW 14 LBS
marybees

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies