My Baby just had her Four year Checkup

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
pld0804

Re : My Baby just had her Four year Checkup

Postby pld0804 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 09:02 pm

Congratulations on a great visit for your little girl! It sounds like she's doing really well.

macbabyismine

Postby macbabyismine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 08:04 pm

Congrats...great job.. thanks for sharing your success story with everyone it gives me great hope for the future since my son will be turning 4 months on the 5th..

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 06:32 pm

Amber, isn't it amazing how fast the time flies?! Congrats on your outstanding visit. Coming from a mom who knows what those dreaded appts. were like... it's quite the victory!!
And what a HUGE report on her learning readiness!! WOW!
HIGH FIVE MOM!

As for the weight issue, again I can really relate. Jaidyn is and has always been a very picky eater. She's 8 now and weighs 42 lbs at best. I've found that as long as your following your curve and making progress and the dr. is watching things.. your doing everything you can. And like you said, genetics may have a key role as well.

Congrats again, Jenn

sckitzo

My Baby just had her Four year Checkup

Postby sckitzo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 05:45 pm

Four years where has the time gone, Can she really be that old. Well anyway we had a great visit. She weighed in at 26.2 pounds, and is 36 inches tall. 3rd % for both. This is about where she has always been. She seems really healthy just really small. She tested ahead for her use of language, and math and working on reading readiness. She has had a runny noise for about two weeks now so we got an antibiotic for that. But for the first time she actually talked to the doctor, then she didn't want him to leave. Usually she will not even look at him. She says she is scared of him, and he hurts her throat.(one time when looking in her troat she turned and the little stick gaged her a litte) But this time she was completely different, she talked his ear off and He said he could understand about 95% of her words. And she even gave him a high five on the way out. I could not believe this was my child. Usually she turns into suran wrap, and will not even make eye contact if she can help it. I am so proud of her. Now she just needs to work on the whole growing bit. She is so picky, When she stands up I can actually count all her ribs. But mommy and daddy are skinny two, So I guess it is just genetics.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”