OT/PT evals

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
mikeys mom

Re : OT/PT evals

Postby mikeys mom » Thu Mar 26, 2009 03:10 pm

Sounds like a plan! I am not familiar with the Pittsburgh area but I do have a sister in law and brother in law that live there.. I don't know how you guys do the cold and the hills!!!!!!!

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 02:27 pm

Okay...so...other than the drive into Oakland (which anyone around the Pittsburgh area can attest to is a big pain in the ...), the appointments went well. It does look like they are going to recommend at least some short term therapy. From what I gathered today, she has some low muscle tone that she over-componsates for and has caused the muscles around her joints to tighten. She shows significant fatique with fine and gross motor activities. I won't know anything definate until next week since they ran out of time for our appointments (they need to score and call me with the results).

So that is the update for now.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 07:26 pm

Definitely [good luck]!!!
Keep us posted!

amiejo

OT/PT evals

Postby amiejo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 04:20 pm

Alyssa goes to Children's Hospital in the morning for OT and PT evaluations. She has always been on the borderline delayed side but only qualified for services when she was under 3. She caught up enough by then to be exited. Now we are seeing some concerns again mainly with her movements around her large joints. The main one is that her shoulder rotation is restricted...hence the PT eval. They kinda just threw in the OT eval for good measure and the previous history.

Anyway...wish us luck!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”