Do you ever feel guilty? (child loss ment too)

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Do you ever feel guilty? (child loss ment too)

Postby dolphinjen » Sun May 31, 2009 01:40 am

This is my first post on this board. Yes I feel guilty. I was talking to one of the NICU nurses today and she said that is common. I think we so want to protect our kids and we feel like we let them down. I see my little baby going through the discomfort she is down in the NICU and I think, if she was still inside me, she wouldn't have to deal with this. If only I wouldv'e relaxed more during the pregnancy, not tried to do as much, she might still be inside me, comfortable. Sabrina, just wanted to let you know that I don't think that what you're feeling is unsusual. I'm not even going to try and say not to feel guilty, we know intelellectually it's not really our "fault" I think it's just something that will be there. For what it's worth, my dd was full term and has asthmas problems, not near as bad as your girls', but as people have said, your girls probably would have gotten the same issues regardless of time of birth...
dolphinjen

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies