Teething and your preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Teething and your preemie

Postby angelical » Fri May 21, 2004 03:40 pm

Sounds like she's doing great! Congrats on the new tooth.

I'm no doc, but I wonder if the spitting up is related in some way to the increased saliva. All that chewing is wet business! LOL I always figure, ask the doc... that's what they are there for!

Be sure to come back often and keep us up to date on Caitlyn's progress.

Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH

Teething and your preemie

Postby caitlynsmama » Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 am

It is so exciting that Caitlyn is cutting her first tooth! I have a question though that some might be able to answer, and some might not. She is spitting up more now and seems to want to chew on everything, this sounds normal, right? She is going for her nine month developmental followup clinic on tuesday with the NICU so I can run this by the doctors then. She is also sitting up so much better, grasps things well, loves to sing (baby noise), says Dada now and then mama when she is upset... All in all, I am a first time mommy so I am just seeking some advice from you "pros" out there[:D]

Shannon Mommy to Caitlyn Elizabeth 30 weeks, 3 days born (8/26/2003) early due to PE, IUGR, HELLP syndrome, premature rupture of membranes

Return to “Parents of Preemies”