Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Brandon might get to come home soon! UPDATE!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Brandon might get to come home soon! UPDATE!

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 am

Brandon is now back to his birth weight - hooray!! He is back in an open crib and is doing well controlling his body temperature. His de-sats have decreased, so that is good news. He has a bad diaper rash, but hopefully it will go away soon. I don't know when he will go home, but hopefully soon. I haven't been able to see him much, but I talk to the nurses about three times a day. My MIL had offered to take me to see him today, but I had to decline because I have had a bad headache the past few days and my doctor said it was probably migraines, but he said it was possible that I had a virus. I had one reading of a low grade fever yesterday. I saw the baby Thursday on my second day of the headache, so I hope I didn't pass a virus on to him. I decided to wait until tomorrow to see him. I feel better today but I don't want to risk giving him something. Regarding staying at the hospital...when I was being discharged, the doctor on-call offered to let me stay in the hospital as a "hotel stay" since the baby wasn't ready to come home. As tempting as it was, I had to decline because Hannah was dying for me to come home. After 19 days total in the hospital, she was so ready to have mommy home. I kind of wish I had accepted the hotel stay, but I know Hannah needed me. My husband asked the nurse manager the other day if it was still an option, and she said they are so crowded right now that they aren't able to do it. I can drive beginning Wednesday and I am so excited. I can't take Hannah with me so I will have to ask for help with babysitting, but she has lots of friends in the neighborhood who invite her to play, and my parents and inlaws can help if needed, even though they all live about an hour away. I know they would meet me at the hospital or do whatever is needed so I can see the baby. I had to see both my MFM and family doctor this week to try to get my bp under control. They added more meds. I take 14 pills and one injection everyday. I feel like an old lady :) So that is our update for now. Hopefully I will have new pictures after our visit tomorrow.

Update! The neonatologist called today (Monday) and said he thinks that Brandon will be ready to come home on Wednesday! Hooray! We are soooo excited! We were supposed to go two places on Thanksgiving - inlaws in the morning and my parents in the afternoon, but we had to cancel because there is no way I am taking him for those long drives in the car, and I don't want him exposed to a lot of people. He is still only 4 pounds, so he is still just a tiny little thing. What a wonderful Thanksgiving blessing. We are just thrilled :)
hannahsmom

Re : Brandon might get to come home soon! UPDATE!

Postby brockner1 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:35 am

I am glad to hear that Brandon is back to his birth weight...Ya, definitely post new pictures...he is adorable!
brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 am

I am glad to hear that Brandon is back to his birth weight...Ya, definitely post new pictures...he is adorable!
brockner1

Postby dbronson » Sat Nov 21, 2009 06:12 pm

The news is better and better! Post new pis soon!
dbronson

Postby jacobkaden » Sat Nov 21, 2009 07:18 pm

Oh, that's great news - a BIG difference from a 26 weeker! Hopefully he will be home SOON.
jacobkaden

Postby julieb » Sat Nov 21, 2009 09:14 pm

So glad to hear that Brandon is doing well and will get to some home soon!!
julieb

Postby joannek » Sun Nov 22, 2009 07:15 pm

great news! Hope you are feeling better and visiting him again soon!
joannek

Postby jend01 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 am

That's great news. I can't wait to see more pictures he is a cutie. :)
jend01

Postby joannek » Mon Nov 23, 2009 04:40 pm

Congratulations!!! having your baby home is WAY better than turkey with the families any day!
I am so happy for you.
Hope it all goes smoothly.
joannek

Postby sarab » Mon Nov 23, 2009 07:34 pm

Oh Suzanne, what wonderful news! Best Thanksgiving ever!
sarab
Site Admin

Next

Return to Parents of Preemies