Post Reply FAQ Members Login

OK...here's the update...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : OK...here's the update...

Postby caryn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 05:17 pm

I'm so glad to see you and this update!

Give that little one a big hug for all of us.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Mar 02, 2010 01:58 pm

Nikki - I miss seeing you around! I'm so thrilled at Ethan's progress. I still remember edging you on with the gestational age is most important diatribe I went on and on about.

Big hugs to you and Ethan!
amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby brianned5 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 07:48 am

Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad Ethan is doing well. I love your signature. Mom to 2 miracles...one in Heaven and one on earth. That's exactly how I look at my two children.
brianned5

Postby holiday » Wed Mar 03, 2010 09:17 am

You are amazing. You have me in tears right now ((hugs))
holiday

Postby 4evermyangel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 09:34 am

Hi Nikki

I am so happy to hear how well Ethan is doing. I have been keeping up with the updates on his carepages also. I think you have already helped so many of us here. Your story gave me hope. Hope that after losing my daughter I wasn't sure I would ever get back again, Ethans story is by no means what you had hoped it would be, but he is doing so well now and you have found the strength and courage to get him to this point! You are an amazing mommy and woman and THANK YOU for sharing your family's story with everyone!
4evermyangel

Postby jenn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 06:20 pm

Ethan never ceases to amaze me!
My love to you both!
LOVE THE UPDATE!!
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby melib » Wed Mar 03, 2010 07:32 pm

Nikki, you and Ethan are amazing! You must be the proudest mother ever. I am bewildered that after all you have been through, hope is the first thing out of your mouth - I feel really happy to hear this message. I wish Ethan a lot of luck getting off the vent soon.
melib

Postby missgamecock » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Nikki, yours and Ethan's story are so amazing. I am so happy he is doing so well!
missgamecock

Postby marialynn242 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 am

Hes is so beautiful its rare I found someone that has goin through more than I have I have a son at 26 weeks 1 lb 10oz 14 inches long he was on a vent about 2 weeks then on cpap and then on oxygen when he was a month old then about a month old he developed NEC in which I was freaking out bc babies usually dont get that when they are a month it usually happens within a few weeks here i found out that one of the nurses didnt tell me that he was out of breastmilk and they gave him formula which his little belly couldnt handle I was devasted but with the help of a fantastic surgeon who saved his life by giving him a colostomy that has already been reversed he had it for about 4 months ew and he just recently got his hypospadius and circumsion done at 11 months but 8 months corrected and the day before christmas he has a bilateral inguinal hernia fixed also so he is doing good and im glad to here your little one is to I know you lost your daughter to NEC and it just makes me realize how luckly some of us are and I will keep you in my prayers
marialynn242

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies