Formula questions

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Formula questions

Postby marialynn242 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 01:08 pm

My son was on prgestimil ya try getting that in a store around here not a chance I had to order off the internet and it cost alot but we finally got him switched to enfamil enfacare which was my choice but im just wandering if maybe I should have switched him to a different formula like neosure or just a regular formula lik similac advanced he hes it but sometimes its hard to get him to eat the whole bottle i dont know if its the taste or what. Any answers would be great thank you
marialynn242

Re : Formula questions

Postby mom2miracles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 09:03 am

My son was on Neosure because he was a preemie. But I know other preemies who were on Enfacare...I'm pretty sure the two are the same...the only difference being the maker (Similac vs. Enfamil). I don't know anything about the first formula you were using, but I do know that Neosure and Enfacare are are higher calorie formulas (that's one of the reasons they are used for preemies). This may cause your baby to get full faster. Did they change the amount at all when they switched you? Or have you add extra water to lower the calories? Those may be things to talk to your pedi about. Good Luck...eating can be a bear!!!
mom2miracles

Re : Formula questions

Postby kdreher » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 am

My 2lb 10 oz boy was on Enfacare from the day he left the NICU, I kept him on it for about 3 mos and then the pedi said it was ok to transition him to Nestle (free at daycare). At age 1 we moved to whole milk.
kdreher

Return to Parents of Preemies