Synagis Question

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Synagis Question

Postby panguitch02 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 04:53 pm

Jameson only got the 2nd year approved because he had a low immune system and was under the care of a hemotologist at our children hospital. There is also a weird state involvment in CA with these shots (I think that is true with many states). Maybe the state requires insurance to pay if the child meets the states synagis qualifications. Plus the hemotologist couldn't fight for it, only the primary care physician was able to ask for approval. I would search your states synagis qualifications and see if you child meets them for a 2nd year.
panguitch02

Re : Synagis Question

Postby jayme » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:02 am

I didn't know this about the second season- I wonder if the military is different. My daughter was born at 35 weeks and she got two years worth- which surprised us to begin with since she was not that early...

I also just got notice in the mail about the twins for their second season... although I'd assume that we'd be more likely to qualify since Ryan has a compromised immune system because of the cancer treatments.
jayme

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies