Back in NICU ***UPDATE

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Back in NICU ***UPDATE

Postby l412angel » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:41 am

Carter was born at 36+4 spent 4 days in NICU thought to have had TTN...Sent home. He is not back in NICU as we noticed his breathing was quite labored. They are saying possibly a paralyzed diaphram, or a coartion of the heart (I dont even know if I have that term or spelling right) or it could be normal. Anyone experience any of these symptoms? I am so upset to know that something could possibly be wrong :(

if any of you have experienced something similar we would love to hear your feed back.

*Carters 02 levels fluctuate between low 80's and 100. Rarely 100, hardly low 80's. If they do drop to low 80's they go right back up...but of course after he takes some heavy breaths. When they go back up they are around 94. They pretty much stay around 94.

* Carters blood ox level I believe was 59 so a bit elevated.

*EKG came back nortmal with exception of the narrowing of one artery, (mild)

*Chest Xray normal.

The doctors seemed stumped, calling him a mystery. He is eating, pooping, peeing, crying and looks 100% healthy.

I guess they are still saying that there is still a chance that this is nothing, that he just breathes abnormally, and he will grow out of it. There is a chance that he is still transitioning and getting used to the outside world as a preemie. We just don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions of things for me to ask for etc I would love that!
Last edited by l412angel on Sun Mar 13, 2011 08:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

Return to “Parents of Preemies”