Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Crawling on the back of her head.....

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Crawling on the back of her head.....

Postby caitlynsmama » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:13 am

Does anyone else have a funny story about their preemie's preferred way of crawling? My dd is scooting around on the back of her head like my Mom said I did when I was a baby. I got up and walked a week before my 1st birthday. WHO knew this would be genetic?

Shannon Mommy to Caitlyn Elizabeth 30 weeks, 3 days born (8/26/2003) early due to PE, IUGR, HELLP syndrome, premature rupture of membranes
caitlynsmama

Re : Crawling on the back of her head.....

Postby deerhart » Wed Jul 07, 2004 01:09 pm

LOL lets see, my cousin (and her mother) used to cross one leg under themselves and scoot on it
My oldest did the army crawl and didn't use his knees until after he learned to walk really
My youngest used to crawl perfectly normal except for one thing, he kept his head straight down and go in super fast mode. Just had to sigh every time he ran his head into the furniture, a toy, or the wall and bounced off LOL.

Before you know it she won't even be walking anymore but running!
Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go
deerhart

Return to Parents of Preemies