Need some advice on sleeping or lack of!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Need some advice on sleeping or lack of!

Postby kbielec » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 am

I need some advice.
I have an almost 1 year old (next week) 26 weeker. Julia was born due to my blood clot at 26 weeks last July. Once she finally came home from the hospital last December we were lucky after about 6 weeks and she would sleep from
10pm - 5 am...now, NOT SO MUCH!

She will only nap in her crib for 30 min in the morning and about 40 min in the afternoon, if I hold her she'll sleep a couple of hours. Then at night after a bath and bottle she's in her crib anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours before she's "out of control" crying and will not be comforted enough to be put back in her crib...so she's on our bed (which I am TOTALLY against but needed to sleep). This Sucks - I have NO time without her in 24 hours. HELP!
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Re: Need some advice on sleeping or lack of!

Postby midwestmom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 02:35 pm

I am so sorry you're going through that. For the first 8 months of my son's life I felt like a complete shut-in bc it was a long flu season and I was terrified he would get RSV so I almost never took him out of the house. My husband works and I had no family in-state, so friends would occasionally visit, but I felt so isolated.
I don't have any advice for how to get her to sleep more, but when you're feeling as you are, all I can say is get someone to come over and help so that you can get some time to yourself to feel more human! :-) Some kind of consistent help so you have some free time to look forward to. That's my advice for what it's worth, if I could do it all over again, that's what I would've done.
Stay strong! I hope things get better soon! :-)
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Return to Parents of Preemies