Ethan's 5 month check-up

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Ethan's 5 month check-up

Postby meg » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:08 am

Ethan had a 5 monthcheck-up today. His weight is 7 lb 9 ounces. He is still barely on the preemie charts and the ped wants them to his feedings by at least 3-4 ounces per day. They found that he has a hernia[:(] It will most likely require surgery. He will have a consult with a pediatric surgeon but not until like Sept. They want him a little bigger and stronger before surgery. Also, his Ped wants him to start OT and PT. He is not neccesarily delayed yet, but the ped thinks its good to go ahead and start with exercises and everything for his muscles.
But overall he is really doing good. I will see him again tomarrow for his brothers birthday party. I am so excited to see him again![:)]

Will 2-6-00 (PE at 35 weeks)
Elizabeth 7-3-01 (NO PE or PIH)
#3 EDD 10-25-04 Its a girl! So far so good!
Proud Aunt to Ethan born 26/27 weeks (March 8th) weighing 1 lb 8 ounces! Our little fighter!
Now 6 pounds. He is home and off of oxygen!
meg

Re : Ethan's 5 month check-up

Postby julie f » Fri Aug 06, 2004 01:04 pm

5 months already?!?! Wasn't it just yesterday that I read he had his 4 month check-up???

I'm sorry about the hernia, poor little guy has been through so much. Praying that he gets chunky real soon and has a very successful and healthy surgery. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Re : Ethan's 5 month check-up

Postby jenn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 01:13 pm

Alright Ethan!
Uping feeding have never posed a problem for any guy I know [;)]
I'm sure he'll be a chubby bubby in no time and eatting "real" food by the fistful.
Therapy...through early intervention or private?
Early intervention was of great help to us those forst 3 yrs, I hope that is avail. to your sister as well.
And hernia...darn!
At least it's fixable. But no mommy wants to have that happen.
Do send him lots of hugs and kisses + a pinch to grow an inch for me.
Thanks for sharing the great news!

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!
Natalia's web page
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

jenn