Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Samara was in the hospital

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Samara was in the hospital

Postby samarasmom » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:08 am

I tell you she likes to scare me alot. Well this is what happened, I took her into the docs office since she was vomiting, having diarrhea, not taking her feeding and running a fever of 100.
Her doc decided to admit since he couldnt find a reason that was evident and decided to rule out Sepsis ( he said she had all the signs and he needed to run some labs and cultures to rule it out and hopefully find out what kind of Virus she has.

I didnt and he didnt realize how dehydrated she was. THey could barely find a vein for an IV and had to poke her 3 times for blood. OF course the phlebotomist was being cocky cause I asked him to wait to draw her blood since they couldnt get any with her IV poke and I figured that maybe they would have better luck if they waited until she was a little more hydrated. He said that they are experienced in drawing blood and the IV nurses arent. well he had a bit of a suprise when he could barely get any. HA HA

Anyways she is home and most of her labs came back Ok and she was doing alot better after the IV and was able to keep her formula and fever down and actually woke up.

THey said that the rest of her results wont be in until later in the week. THe nose and throat culture dont get ran until MOnday and the stool and blood cultures take up to 2 wks for them to officially grow anything before they can say for sure that they are neg. as of the 24 hr check there was nothing growing on them.

IT was a scare and hopefully it was nothing more than a stomach virus. SHe however is colicky, has GERD and milk intolerence so she is a fun baby HUH.

Sandra 23
elijah 05/06/99
isaiah 03/25/02
samara 07/21/04
samarasmom

Re : Samara was in the hospital

Postby jenn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:32 am

Sandra,
I'm so there with you.
It's like hearing about Jai all over again.
We got to point of hospital addmittance as well, and all the same things happened...too dehydrated to get an iv, same fight with the "vampires" and the same reaction: A "HA!" of I told you so to the staff.
I'm sorry to hear you are going through it too.
but Samara is home and test results will be here soon.
My prayers for her good health.
Keep us in the know.
Lots of love.

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!
Natalia's web page
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby samarasmom » Sun Aug 15, 2004 02:03 pm

Thanks Jennie,
Wow poor Jai went thru alot didnt she. BTW I love both your kids names, though I was gonna name Samara Atalyia instead until we found the meaning. Where did Jaidyn get her name. BEautiful child and am 100% sure that MIss Natalyia will be just as beautiful. Take care and will let you know how her tests are. How is your preg. coming along, good I hope. Gotta go Samara is having a hissie fit since her dad is holding her

Sandra 23
elijah 05/06/99
isaiah 03/25/02
samara 07/21/04
samarasmom

Postby meljoi » Sun Aug 15, 2004 04:15 pm

Just wanted to send thoughts your way.
You sure are going through a lot, huh?
I hope all comes out well, I am sure it will.
It's so scary when they get sick.
Hang in there and keep us updated.

Melissa Joi 32
DH Jeremy 43
mama to Peyton John 12/04/00 (severe pre-e @ 38wks)
Baby Lucy due 11/26/04
see her photos!
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lucys
meljoi

Postby jenn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 04:31 pm

Sandra,
Thank you! Your such a sweet heart.
Jaidyn got her name out of a baby book. It was unisex, something we wanted, and I just altered it when we knew it was a girl. I wanted it to look girly. Jayden just looked to male for me.
Natalia...Well we were at gymnastics and the name of the place is Nogare's. So as I was was in a determind state of mind to find a name...I started thinking of "N" names, blurted it out and "Wah La"!
What about Ms. Samara?

Jai looks alot like her dad. He makes a cute girl [;)]
He's something of Derek Jeter look alike to get an idea. In fact I get teased for that being my main marriage reasoning...well...[;)]. J/K!
I have a lil' thing for Mr. Jeter. [:p]

What about Samara? Mom or dad look alike? I love all that hair she has.

Send her my love.

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!
Natalia's web page

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby samarasmom » Sun Aug 15, 2004 06:03 pm

Dont let my sister see your hubby.... she has the hots for Mr. Jeter so I can see why you married him (wink wink) J/K

Well I have Elijah Kristopher which he was named by his dad who always liked the name Elijah and I threw in the Kristopher after his brother Christopher and my sister Kristine ( do you get the spelling)

I named my second Isaiah Liam since I felt Isaiah went with elijah and LIam is after my dad since he wanted all his girls to have one of our boys have his name in there but I dont like William and have to be different so I took out the first 3 letters ( his dad likes to say he was named after the Star Wars star Liam Neeson, whatever makes you feel better man )

As for my daughter I named her Samara Juliyana. She was supposed to be named Atalyia Nevaeh but her dad found Samara and it means 'Guarded by God' and we both felt that that fit since we lost 2 babies that same year and 1 was 4 days before her being concieved. THey think she might have been a twin that was in the uterus while the other was in the tubes that made it since her placenta was old but we wont know for sure until the 24th.

Elijah looks like his dad and the younger 2 look like Me and also like their older sister Tamiah from their dad.

I will try to figure out how to get a website for them soon so I can show you.
Take care Talk to you soon

Sandra 23
elijah 05/06/99
isaiah 03/25/02
samara 07/21/04
samarasmom

Postby jenn » Mon Aug 16, 2004 05:24 am

I hope your able to get that website up and running, I'd love to see them.

Jennie (25)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!
Natalia's web page

jenn
Forum Moderator