Big day for my BIG GIRL!!!! - UPDATE

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
paljane8

Re : Big day for my BIG GIRL!!!! - UPDATE

Postby paljane8 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 09:49 am

Happy birthday! What a day for you, Wendy! It is so exciting to send them off to K but, I find myself watching the clock until they get home :). The very best to you today!

Nancy Eastwood

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Aug 24, 2004 07:47 am

Wendy - your noodle has a great birthday - Hannah is also celebrating hers today! You crack me up about the crying, and pictures - because I know I will be the SAME way when Hannah goes to school!!!! Congrats on raising your beautiful special little girl as an independent little lady. Hannah is the same way - she loves to go to preschool and tells me to go bye-bye! Have a wonderful day and let us know how her big day went.

Suzanne
Mommy to Miss Hannah Rose
26.5 weeker born 8/24/01
severe pre-e & IUGR
1 pound, 1 ounce
12 inches
Miracles do happen!

mada

Postby mada » Tue Aug 24, 2004 07:25 am

Oh wendy, You will surely treasure those photos!! Sam is starting kindergarten next year and I am already in tears thinking about it..He is going to pre school 2 mornings a week but there is something about KG.....Let us know how her 1st day went!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

wcarder

Big day for my BIG GIRL!!!! - UPDATE

Postby wcarder » Tue Aug 24, 2004 07:20 am

My noodle is FIVE today, AND she started Kindergarten today as well. Whew! Big day!!! I'm seriously in shock. i can't believe she's five ~ i can't believe she's going to school!
My husband and I took her to school today, with three dozen cupcakes in tote, along with all of her school supplies and her little backpack, and lunch box...and of course, the CAMERA!

Noodles dad and his gilrfriend actually met us at the school for the big day, which was really great - because we are really working hard at parenting her together - we've certainly come a long way. For a long time, he was not involved, and when he would get involved, we fought, and his girlfriend hated my guts...and it was the classic story...you know the drill. His parents and his sister came, and my husbands parents came as well......we were all crying, and snapping pictures...i looked over at the teacher and you could just see in her face, she's thinking "oh my god, i have to deal with THESE people all year...?!?!" HEHE.

And of course, Kenzie is so well adjusted it hurts my feelings. She's literally shrugging me away from her and mumbling "Mom, i have to GO." And I'm embarassing her, because that's my god given right. I had her stand in every place around the room where it said her name (her hook on the wall, her cubby, her place at the table, etc.)and took her picture...and then she stood under the Welcome to Kindergarten sign with every member of her family, one at a time, for more pictures....poor kid. [:D]

Anyway, my husband keeps calling me at the office today, going "I wonder how noodle's doing" and we're both aware that she is certainly doing fine - making friends, learning new things, wearing the class happy birthday hat... and we are also aware that WE, however, are not so well, because both of our voices are cracking over the phone...[^] We're trying to stay strong, but it's so hard! I can't believe my baby is so grown up. What can you do?

Wendy
DH~ Ryan
DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks Ga, severe PE.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”