My dd is UN-Potty training herself??!!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

My dd is UN-Potty training herself??!!

Postby susan belisle » Thu Sep 02, 2004 08:55 am

OK I am new to this board. WE are currently ttc and I have a two year old at home. A week before her 2nd birthday we started to potty train and by the end of May (about one month later) she was more or less potty trained. She still can't go though the night but all day and naps are not a problem. And now for the last week or so she is just having major relapes. She takes her pants off and pees in her bed, our bed, her high chair the floor???? I reward her everytime she goes in the potty (jelly beans) and she always says Carly pee-pee (or doo doo) potty jelly bean. So she gets it. I am litterally up to my elbows in human exrament and don't know what to do. I will not put her back in diapers but I am certainly at my wits end????

Susan
Interuption 06/23/01 @20 wks
Carly 04/24/02 30 wks 3lbs 6 oz
ttc again with pg induced hypertention
susan belisle

Re : My dd is UN-Potty training herself??!!

Postby jenn » Thu Sep 02, 2004 09:16 am

Hi Susan,
Sorry to hear about the "undoing".
For some kids- this is just plan normal. (oh great huh?)
But yet someother things popped into my head...
Has there been a change of any type at home?
Could she poss. have a infection down there? (def would call her ped and give them the low down- just in case)

With my 3 1/2 yr. we are still having our ups and downs.
Just this week have we tried yet again...lost count on how many attempts this is.
We just start from scratch each time with the pull ups, potty book, asking non stop, anything!

Maybe even a change in reward might do the trick...let her maybe pick out some cool princess stickers, or a snack treat, and praise to no end like we all did that first tinkle in the potty.

I don't have any names on me...but the library is always calling my name when I have things liek this come up. If it isn't a medical problem...check out some books. I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

Best wishes!

Jennie (25)
Shad (29)
Jaidyn (3) @30 wks
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due: 11.25.04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?collid=182798555105&photoid=588409555105&Ucollid=182798555105&Uphotoid=114209555105&refreshkey=1092871853409
jenn
Forum Moderator

Re : My dd is UN-Potty training herself??!!

Postby samarasmom » Thu Sep 02, 2004 09:26 am

Dont feel so bad. MY 5 yr old has done the same thing,I read that a child will take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I am with Jennie on this one as far as asking if there is any new situations in the household.
My doc told me to take away big boy privlages from my son not as punishment but to say if you want to act like a baby that is fine but I have to treat you like a baby and you can start doing these things again when you are a big boy again. Stick to it and dont push it. Now it drives him nuts and he is getting the hang og it and starting to use the potty again

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04
samarasmom

Return to Parents of Preemies