Wyatts First Speech appt ***UPDATE***

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Wyatts First Speech appt ***UPDATE***

Postby angelkat » Wed Sep 08, 2004 09:18 am

Hang in there. Before you know it Wyatt will be talking to no ends!

Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site

Wyatts First Speech appt ***UPDATE***

Postby raindrop » Wed Sep 08, 2004 07:54 am

Yesterday the speech therapist came by the house and did a LONG questionaire thing and all about Wyatt and said that from that test score, she said he scored 5 and 7mo on[:(], I think, expressive and recognition, I think it was I cant recall the words she said right off, was long words... lol I was rather shocked when she told me the months he scored at, I dont recall which was which either as she told me both at the same time. When she comes back next week I am going to see if I can get his score stuff in writing after she gets her report fully written.

He was really tired today and she will see him eating next Tues when she comes back. She did say that she wanted to see him weekly, but didnt say for how long. She did say that at his age he should be making B T K P and a few other sounds that he is not making.

Donna - 32
Richard - 33
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to severe PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to severe PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long
Expecting #3 EDD March 3, 2005 - gallstones

Return to “Parents of Preemies”