Updates on Isaiah and Samara

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Updates on Isaiah and Samara

Postby samarasmom » Wed Sep 22, 2004 03:35 pm

Well i took the 2 kids in today for some check ups.

first samara
-She had 3 shots
-She does NOT qualify for the RSV shot.[:(!]
-She had to have her Reglan and zantac adjusted he thinks that is why she is having trouble vomiting still since not on the right dose
-She is doing GREAT developmentally for 2 months she is behind on laughing and talking but that is okay for now.
- She is 11 pds and 1 ounce 50 percentile for her age and 90 percentile for her adjusted age [:D] My little fat girl I call her.
-SOme bad news - She is on a apnea monitor now. SHe has some trouble remembering to breath. Its scary but sure the monitor will help.

Isaiah
-35 pds
-He went in for a head circumfrence ( sp?) check and its still to big so he will be sent in for another MRI of his head. They will do it in Lansing this time.
- They irratad his lungs with the tubes and he is on Albuterol, Prednisolone and Pulmicort for his nebulizer.[V]

Other than that they are both very fiesty and doing what they can to get on my nerves and irratate me. Keep u posted later when i can

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04
samarasmom

Re : Updates on Isaiah and Samara

Postby wcarder » Thu Sep 23, 2004 06:04 am

Sandra ~

So sorry that Samara is on the monitor now. My girl was on an apnea monitor, too, but I found it comforting because I knew that it would alert me if anything was going on. It's good that they realized she was having apnea's. Is she on meds for that then?

Hope everything with Isaiah's next MRI goes well. Poor little guy. ): It's good that you keep such a positive outlook, and you are being so strong for your babies.

So, you are in Lansing? I'm in Toledo OH - not too far.

Anyway, thanks for the update -- good look with those kiddos! Hang in there, hun.

Wendy

DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE
wcarder

Postby mada » Thu Sep 23, 2004 06:59 am

Hey Sandra,
SOunds like Samara is doing pretty well!! That's great!! It's good that you have the monitor, I think that it will make you much more at ease knowing you have a constant watch so to speak. Hopefully she grows out of that soon.

My prayers are with your little guy Isaiah. I hope everything goes okay in Lansing.

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby samarasmom » Thu Sep 23, 2004 07:14 am

thanks
Wendy- No Samara is not on meds for the apnea. Her doc thinks she forgets to breath with a combination of her GERD blocking her airway. She right now does not have a nose bridge which makes her stuffy and if she cant breath out of it when the GERD is happening then she will stop breathing. Isaiah never grew his nose bridge so they are hoping she does BUT are prepared if she doesnt. I definately feel safer with the monitor. I was always afraid to leave the room in fear that I may not hear her gasp for air. I would always lug her around. Since yest. I feel like i can do something and feel confident that I will know if she is having trouble. Her monitor has only gone off once so far and they say if under 2 a day that is good.

Thanks also Mada. I am positive that she will outgrow this soon also. she is only on it for a month until the doc can fiqure out what is going on or if she stops.

Let yall know something later when I know

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
samarasmom

Postby jenn » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:20 am

Sandra,
you have been asked to deal with so much!
Please tell me you have a way of getting some alone time and some local support like family to lean on?
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear all of these things with Isaiah.
And Samara really sounds like she's doing great! Good for you guys!
And a lil' chunk she is now too! Woo Hoo!
In my thoughts and prayers for continuing good news.
Sending the kids some love for me.
And hugs to you as well.

Jennie (25)
Shad (29)
Jaidyn (3) @30 wks
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due: 11.25.04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?Ucollid=182798555105&Uphotoid=588409555105&collid=182798555105
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby samarasmom » Fri Sep 24, 2004 07:04 am

Thanks Jennie, I have some family and friends who help out. Of course you can guess I have no problems getting rid of Samara. People take her in a heartbeat, they debate if they want to deal with my hard headed boys. Why are boys so rough? Isaiah fell the other day face first into the floor and cried cause he dropped a peice of food on the floor and stopped as soon as he got it back. No concern with hitting his face.Geesh. They wrestle when together. they are a handful but I love them to death. I tell myself that all the time when they are wrestling off my furniture and driving me nuts. :)

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
samarasmom

Postby mada » Fri Sep 24, 2004 07:08 am

I hear you Sandra...Sam and Ben drive me up the wall sometimes!!! I serioulsy can't leave them alone for a minute...The other day I caught them with the toy box cover trying to use it like a sled down the stairs!! I am glad you have support around you!! I can't imagine having three!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator for pregnant again

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby samarasmom » Fri Sep 24, 2004 08:17 am

MADA.
So my boys arent the only ones who tried that one. Whew. Oh and dont tick off my 2 y/o. He grabs the nearest thing to slug at you or hit you with. My handful. Bathtime is the worse cause I have to empty all stuff out or he will empty all the bottles. The other night Isaiah woke up at 4 am went and emptied his toy box and went to bed in there. Weird huh

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
samarasmom

Postby deerhart » Fri Sep 24, 2004 09:00 am

LOL when I was a preschooler I used to take my naps in the toy chest, used to empty out the cupboards of all the pots and pans and play in there, and used to climb in the dryer so wierd i think not!!!

Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go
deerhart

Postby samarasmom » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:01 am

Must be a kid thing. When we were growing up we used to love to play in the kitchen cupboards and finally my aunt( who raised me from age 4 on) emptied on cupboard and made it for us kids to play in. Isaiah doest do the dresser though he is fascinated with the toilet right now. Luckily it isnt that high in water since he likes to take baths in it and one time I found him head first in it and hands and feet flopping in the air and guess what he was doing, Laughing his head off, He thought it was the funnest thing,

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
samarasmom

Return to Parents of Preemies