Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Yoo-hoo, Wendy!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Yoo-hoo, Wendy!

Postby aimeejane » Thu Sep 23, 2004 02:13 pm

by aimeejane (589 Posts), Thu Sep 23, 2004 02:13 pm

How's Kindergarten going??

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
aimeejane

Re : Yoo-hoo, Wendy!

Postby wcarder » Fri Sep 24, 2004 06:03 am

by wcarder (934 Posts), Fri Sep 24, 2004 06:03 am

Wow~ I wasn't expecting to see my name this morning! (; what a nice surprise - so sweet of you to be thinking of me and the noodle!

Kindergarten is SUPER. Kenz loves it and her teacher RAVES about her. All of my worries about her "inability to sit still" have been completely put to rest - her teacher finds her to be VERY attentive and excited to learn. apparently, Kenzie just gets hyperactive around ME, but does well in a more structured environment. That really is a HUGE relief.

I'm doing pretty well with Kindergarten myself. (; It's hard adjusting to not being able to communicate with the teacher as much as I was able to in preschool, you know? And Kenzie just makes things up, when I ask "how was your day?" she begins to tell me that they Rode horses to Disney land (we're in ohio...)and had ice cream for lunch...*sigh* Kenzie is going to write books some day. Therefore, I have to stalk the teacher in the am, and try and corner her when she least expects it to get the scoop on kenz in kindergarten.... (; She thinks I need a hobby - or another child, or something.

Anyway, how are your boys? Nicky is in preschoool, right? Is he doing well?

Thanks again, Aimee, for thinking of me! You're a doll.

Wendy

DD~ Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, severe PE
wcarder

Re : Yoo-hoo, Wendy!

Postby aimeejane » Fri Sep 24, 2004 09:18 am

by aimeejane (589 Posts), Fri Sep 24, 2004 09:18 am

Good!!! I'm so glad your fears were put to rest.

THe boys are well. Nicky's loving his teachers (same school as last year). Kalen's teething all of his teeth at once. I really do look forward to next fall, when K will be in preschool 2 mornings a week, just for some time to get stuff DONE! He's so much fun, but it's a very attention-needy age.

I'm so glad you're both doing well.

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
aimeejane

Return to Parents of Preemies