Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
tina argueta

Re : New Member

Postby tina argueta » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:22 am

Hi, this is my first time ever writing on a message board. My name is Tina and I am the proud mother of a 29 week preemie. I was told I most likely couldn't have children when I was 18. My husband and I tried fertility pills when I was approx. 28. No luck. Then when I was 31 I found out I was pregnant but since I was bleeding a lot I would most likely miscarry. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I stayed in bed for the next month until my doctor said I could start a semi normal life again. At 4 mo. pregnant I developed the beginning of pre-eclampsia. At 5 mo. pregnant I was hospitalized and they thought they would have to take the baby then. Thanks to God, they didn't. I gave myself heparin shots in my belly twice a day until I was hospitalized at the beginning of January, 6 mo. pregnant. At 29 weeks and 4 days, my baby's umbilical cord got a blood clot that was preventing her from getting anything from me. She was 2 lbs and 2 oz, 14" long. Thanks to God, no major problems and is now a sassy 20 mo. old. Her name is Alexis Carmelita, spoiled, LOL and my pride and joy.

I pray for all of your children to have a great life!

Postby care-o-line » Tue Jul 01, 2003 05:50 pm

Nice to meet you! Welcome.

Caroline - 26
dh - 25
dd Sylvia 8/21/02- 32weeks- 3lbs,5oz- pre-e

Postby angelical » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:55 am

Welcome to our group! Good luck with your kiddies.

(Mom to Aaron, 28 weeker now 14 months)

Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Postby cattmeow » Tue Jul 01, 2003 07:57 am

I joined this group last night and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Heather and have had pre-eclampsia 2x's. With my daughter Kaylee, it developed out of nowhere and got severe very quickly. I had her by emergency c-section on 12-1-99 at 27 wks. weighing l lb. 12 oz. and 13 1/4 in. long. She stayed in the hospital for 6 months and 1 day before coming home. She has Short-Gut Syndrome from losing at least half of her intestines to NEC (necrotizing enterocolitis) at 21 days old. She is now 3 1/2 yrs. old and started special ed preschool this past January and is still getting ST 2x's a week. I think the preschool environment has helped her tremendously just from being around more kids...They learn so much from each other (good and!) With my son, my doctor had me take a baby aspirin every day, as I guess it's supposed to reduce the risk of getting pre-e. I did end up developing it again, but luckily it was mild and had him at 37 wks. weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz. We did have a scare about a heart murmur, but the doctors think that it's an innocent murmur. He is now 14 months old and growing like a weed! He weighs almost 26 lbs. and is about 30 1/2 in. (my little chubby baby!) Kaylee is still small for her age, partly because of her Short-Gut. She only weighs 28-29 lbs. and is about 36 1/2 in. tall. I don't believe that she was to be very tall even if she was born full term, but her intestinal problems have definitely put a damper on her growth. At around 5 yrs. old we have to get her hormone levels check, since Short-Gut patients supposedly tend to lack in a growth hormone. Hopefully that isn't the case, but will take it in stride if need be. I hope to get to know all of you and hope this finds you well. Thanks for listening.
Heather--Mom to Kaylee (27 wks. severe pre-e...3 1/2 yrs. now)
& Felix Jr. (37 wks. pre-e...14 months now)

Return to “Parents of Preemies”