Connecting with the media

Connecting with the media

Postby sandy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 05:47 pm

Will someone please post the more successful ways they have found to be in contact with the media about Preeclampsia?
sandy

Re : Connecting with the media

Postby kara » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:36 am

I emailed our local news channel with a heart warming letter about my pre-e experience before the WAT. They contacted me by phone right away and scheduled an on air interview. I included NICU pics too, and I emailed it all to one of the female anchors that I knew had children (from past newscast).

Good luck!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby allic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 05:12 pm

That was one of the topics at the Leadership Training Conference. I know there is a video of the presentation. You might want to see if you can get a copy. It was very informative...especially the "what not to do" part. (I had made a few mistakes that she had mentioned in the past.) Sue may have extra handouts and might be able to help you out.
allic

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Aug 06, 2006 07:47 pm

I will have to let you know when the conference materials will be available because we are unsure if the video has turned out at present. I will have to email Erik as to how that process worked out. As for printed materials, I do have the presentation materials and would be happy to send them out but I want to make sure the slides can be understood or if they need notes to accompany them. Otherwise it may be hard to make sense of the printed slide materials without a naration.
timelessbeauty

Postby missgamecock » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:08 pm

Hmm I know someone in Buffalo that is an anchor on a news channel there in the morning. Our kids are around the same age. We have met through various functions - ymca swim classes, gym, her son is a year behind Kirsten and is at the same school. I wonder if she would so something like this. She is just an acquaintance not a close friend. I should send her an email.
missgamecock

Return to Conferences