Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update

Update

Postby annegarrett » Sun Apr 04, 2004 02:59 pm

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Sun Apr 04, 2004 02:59 pm

The North American Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy is having their annual meeting in Vancouver, BC the weekend of July 23-25, 2004.

As a result--I am looking into renting a camp/facility (with cabins, or dorm rooms, suitable for families) either the week of July 21-23 or the week of July 25-27 (evening meal, all day the 2nd day, breakfast and lunch on the last day). I am leaning towards the 21-23. I appreciate neither are on a weekend. I need to get some numbers to help with planning. It looks to me like the camp would be around $50 a day and something like the Holiday Inn would be like $150 a day. I have to really research the costs though. You would be responsible for transportation (air, train, rental cark, yak), the registration to the meeting (which would include the luxurious accomodations, food, materials), incidentals for yourself and your children. We can arrange for daycare (so would need the ages, numbers) and we will work to keep this lean.

Please respond to this post by checking all that apply below and sending it by email to anne@preeclampsia.org by April 15, 2004.

0 Yes I will be there with bells on
0 I will be bringing my spouse
0 I will be bringing ____# children
Their ages are_____,______,_____
0 My attendance will depend on the cost
0 Please indicate what you feel is a reasonable range of costs for 2 nights accomodation, 6 meals per person is.
0 I would prefer to spend more and be in downtown Seattle
0 I would prefer to be at a camp/conference facility*
0 I can help with the planning
0 I cannot come but would like to hear about future meetings
0 I prefer July 21-23
0 I prefer July 25-27
0 No preference
0 I am interested in helping organize this event.
0 * Some camps/parks allow people to bring RVs and tents. Please indicate if this would be something you would be interested in.

Thanks!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Return to Conferences