Locked FAQ Members Login

Member Spotlight-- 1,000 member Tarra!

Member Spotlight-- 1,000 member Tarra!

Postby laura » Mon Mar 01, 2004 08:50 pm

by laura (5139 Posts), Mon Mar 01, 2004 08:50 pm

In honor and celebration of our 1,000 member to join the Preeclampsia Forum, we are focusing the Member Spotlight on our new member Tarra. Tarra is a preeclampsia survivor and advocate for PCOS, a syndrome that places women at increased risk for developing preeclampsia. Thanks for sharing with us, Tarra, and welcome to the Forum!

I am Tarra Hartl, wife of Matt and mother of 4, soon to be 5 kids. I studied music in college but I am now a home schooling mom and I have volunteered for the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association (www.pcosupport.org) for over 4 years. I am presently the Director Of Online Communities there. Basically that means I operate all of their email support groups (www.pcolist.org), maintain the FAQ and list guidelines (www.pcolist.org/faq.php), and oversee the list moderators and administrators. There are over 13,000 list members from around the world on the lists. I was diagnosed with PCOS 9 years ago. I took fertility treatments to conceive and had preeclampsia with my first pregnancy. All ended well though. I have not had it since. I have been very blessed to successfully have 4 kids, going on 5, with the help of medication to treat the PCOS. I presently take Glucophage which controls many symptoms including insulin resistance and helps to prevent miscarriage, preeclampsia, and other complications in pregnant women with PCOS. I have been having a few symptoms of PE again this time but so far it is under control with blood pressure medication so I hope that continues to work for me as I have 10 weeks to go to get to due date (May 8). I am so lucky to have a wonderful doctor! The baby is a boy which will bring my family to 2 girls and 3 boys. We live in North Dakota on a ranch where we have horses, dogs, cats, and lots of poultry (chickens, turkeys, and guineas).
laura

Return to News from PF Headquarters