OUTAGE

OUTAGE

Postby tom-pf-exd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 06:05 pm

To All:

The PF website and e-mail server just experienced an outage of approximately 90 minutes. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you . . . our members and friends.

I am aware that these outages have been happening more and more frequently over recent months and we have begun to develop a plan to switch servers to stabilize service. Without going into ridiculous technical detail -- the big issue is that the current website uses two different systems for different components of the site. Before we switch servers, we need to convert to a single system . . . and that will take some time.

Our IT service provider, Joe Palmer and Erik Henrikson (Board member with significant technical expertise)are working with me to map out the best -- and most cost effective way -- to manage this conversion. Suffice to say, it will take some time and , at present, our goal is to complete the change over by January 1.

Once again -- please accept my apology for the spotty service . . . you deserve better!

With all best wishes . . .

Tom
tom-pf-exd

Return to News from PF Headquarters