Locked FAQ Members Login

My new role at the PF

My new role at the PF

Postby annegarrett » Wed Dec 22, 2004 00:15 am

As many of you likely have noticed--as more and more posts have been added to the forum, I have taken a less "front and center" role. Wonderful things have happened--lots of great volunteers have stepped forward, our executive board has grown and the PF can truly say that it is thriving.

For so many reasons--both personal and professional--I am shifting my role within the PF and at least for the foreseeable future will not be "the Executive Director" but one of the founders and the chair of the PF Development committee. My role will be to continue to do much of our writing, outreach into the community, help guide the organization but others have stepped forward and to be honest--their energy has been what I have needed to keep going. I can step into this new role secure in the fact that the PF has amazing people running the ship.

Just to name a few and so you know "where to go for what"
Eleni Tsigas, Director of Communications is where to go for press ideas, opportunities and breaking news. She is also our Board President so great for any strategic planning ideas and "what we should be doing!!"

Carol Hamilton is our Director of Chapters. Carol is the who's who of how to get your own local affiliate set up--what to do, how to do it, who to ask

Ileana Balcu and Paul Dorsey--our IT Director and Department--amazing couple who will soon host our website.

Laura Muller is our Forum Diva but stepping down in January to return to school. We cannot thank her enough for the amazing work she has done. She has been a real joy for me and someone in whom I have complete confidence.

Dr. Catherine O'Connell is actively involved in our surveys, questionaires and registry project. She single-handedly tabulated all of the surveys we sent out for the Vienna meeting and is a great asset to our group.

There are so many more--Pat Dignan, Tom Easterling, Jeff Ridgeway, Leslie Weeks, to name a few and our great medical board. We are just so lucky to have such a committed and energized team of people. It is inspiring.

So please do not feel that I am "stepping down" but rather--letting others step up and join me. It seems silly to have the big title when in fact--I am just one of many active and focused volunteers.

It is a real sign of our sustainability--that this is not "about Anne" but rather about the issue. So I am hanging up my Executive Director hat...your support has made it possible for me to once again have time with my kids--time for my "life" and still do the work that I am committed to.

Thank you so much.

Anne
annegarrett

Re : My new role at the PF

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:01 am

Anne- Just wanted to say Thank You for all your wonderful hard work and making the foundation what it is today (along with many other wonderful people). I am glad you can finally take a break and spend more time with your children- why else are we all here? :o) We love you and are just happy with any position you take as long as you stay somewhere near and dear. Enjoy your new position and long-earned free-time with your family.

Elizabeth
WA State Co-Coordinator
Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,hyperemesis,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's; ttc #2
5thtymachrm

Postby sweetiesuzy » Wed Dec 22, 2004 06:56 pm

Anne,
Thank you very much for all you have done and continue to do for all of us. I am glad you are taking the time to focus on your family and all of the things that go alond with life!

I can never thank you enough...

Hugs,
Suzanna

------------------------
Aaryngston ~ 3/25/95
Chloe Rose ~ 10/26/01 Stillbirth
Samuel Isaac ~ 12/30/02
Laura Elise ~ 7/19/04

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly"
-Marion Beatty
sweetiesuzy

Postby annes » Fri Dec 24, 2004 06:01 am

Congratulations and thank you for all your past hard wor, and all the hard work that I know you will continue to do. This Foundation is a real support system for all of us who have been touched by this terrible disease, and you were the visionary for all of it! Thanks again.[:)]

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks
Miscarriage 12/04
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to News from PF Headquarters