Locked FAQ Members Login

Not to worry...I am not gone!

Not to worry...I am not gone!

Postby annegarrett » Fri Feb 11, 2005 02:59 pm

by annegarrett (2525 Posts), Fri Feb 11, 2005 02:59 pm

It is very gratifying to hear from so many of you over my recent shift in roles. I am sure there is much concern and misunderstanding so I want to address that openly and frankly.

Per the issue of our moving our admin offices to Minnesota: That was my call and not something that was done lightly. I am great at strategy, at ideas, at talking and less impressive when it comes to things like balancing the books. The burden of that important admin work was immense and I was not doing it well. Jaime is wired this way and has agreed to take it on. Bless her, bless her, bless her. I need that, the PF needs that and ultimately we are a better organization for it.

Per the issue of my not being "ED": Well, the reality is that the PF cannot afford to pay me and I was able to live off savings for a few years to get this started but now I can't. I think everyone (including me) would like to be able to pay me to work full-time for the PF so that I am not distracted with petty things like "earning a living" and "feeding my children" but hey--that is not where we are at right now. We will be one day and then I am happy to come back on board full-time if that is what the PF Board and membership thinks is best for the PF.

Per me not being very present on the FORUM: My apologies. The truth is that I have been working full-time, raising my boys and have had a very nice boyfriend with whom I am spending much of my free-time. I have some balance back in my life for the first time since I nearly died in 1996 and so I have been enjoying that. It isn't that I don't love you all--you know I do--but rather that I want to be more balanced about my love. So I have stepped back and allowed others to step up. I think that has been a really positive thing actually though I do appreciate being missed and that has made me realize that I probably don't want to step back QUITE so far. Also, I did just take some time to mourn the death of my mother--but I am feeling ready to jump back in which leads me to my final point:

I am busy writing "THE BOOK". The best news for Anne this year is that we got a grant earmarked for the writing of the Preeclampsia Sourcebook and I am writing the book. The grant provides me much needed extra income (Christmas came--thanks to "the book") and yet still do something that I feel immensely passionate and committed to. I hope to have the book done this year and am pulling much of it from the previous "Founder's Corner" articles, the Ask the Expert Q & A and the stories from our very own website. If you want to help with "the book"--by all means--I could use whatever help I can get.

You are all dear to me and I appreciate everything you do. We have a big year ahead of us and I am not going anywhere--we have the Mother's Day Walkathon ("Pregnancy is not just a Walk in the Park!") and we have the first big fundraising in Minnesota this November and we have our conference in August in W. Virginia. There is plenty of work to go around and fortunately--many many of you are stepping up and taking this on. We cannot thank you enough.

And as always--if you wish to support this work--please consider a tax-deductible donation. We cannot do any of this work without it--we need it to hire staff, to pay for permits, to pay for postage, to design brochures, to fund research. We need it to do the work that no one else is doing.

To donate online go to our online donation button at https://fp7.adhost.com/preeclampsia/donate.cfm

Always here for you,

Anne

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Re : Not to worry...I am not gone!

Postby sweetiesuzy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 06:36 am

by sweetiesuzy (2404 Posts), Sat Feb 12, 2005 06:36 am

Oh Anne!

Thank you so much for the post. I think of you everyday... how can I not. I am so glad you are doing so many postive things for the foundation and yourself. And a book... well as long as I ccan get a signed copy. LOL. Seriously, what a wonderfully powerful impact that will have on so many. I am excited at the idea of reading your work. It will be fantastic.

Love & hugs,
Suz

------------------------
Aaryngston ~ 3/25/95
Chloe Rose ~ 10/26/01 Stillbirth
Samuel Isaac ~ 12/30/02
Laura Elise ~ 7/19/04

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly"
-Marion Beatty
sweetiesuzy

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sat Feb 12, 2005 04:01 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Sat Feb 12, 2005 04:01 pm

Anne- yes we have missed you dearly! So happy to hear you have a new "love" in your life!! you sure deserve some much needed time away and to yourself and of course your boys. I too cannot wait for the book to be done so I can read it :o). We love you very much and pray things are going smoothly for you now. Take care,

Elizabeth
WA State Co-Coordinator
Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,HG,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's;
baby-pea edd: 9/12/05
5thtymachrm

Postby angelkat » Sun Feb 13, 2005 04:43 pm

by angelkat (3423 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 04:43 pm

Anne,
We "old-timers" miss you!!!!.... A new love??? hummmm.... Maybe one day soon there will be a post about an upcoming marriage????? Good for you!!!....

Sending you TONS of hugs

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby kim » Mon Feb 14, 2005 09:11 pm

by kim (555 Posts), Mon Feb 14, 2005 09:11 pm

Anne,

Just wanted to say that I am proud of your work and for being able to take a step back.

You and I have talked a lot through some hard "Texas" times. I know how it starts to eat at your soul, when there is nothing that can be done (ie Melissa)...

Anyway... Good for you for feeling great!! You deserve it!! Cannot wait to see you in W Virginia.
Big Hugs!!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/
kim

Return to News from PF Headquarters