Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Questions about IUD's

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Questions about IUD's

Postby amy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 02:53 pm

by amy (6 Posts), Mon Feb 23, 2004 02:53 pm

After my first son was born (and after 8 weeks of bedrest...or should I say bedstress!) I definitely did not want to get pregnant again so I chose the copper paraguard. Insertion wasn't comfortable, but it was ok. However, for the following 10 months I had the WORST periods. Most of them lasted for two weeks during which I was afraid to go out in public for fear of a leak (sorry, probably tmi!) This was strange because my periods have always been pretty easy. In month 10 those twinges started to be intense horrible cramps. I got the IUD out and two days later I was pregnant!!!!!! I am also not a fan of the IUD.

After 2nd son was born, I had my tubes tied....now that I highly recommend. However, it's obviously not for everybody [;)]

Good luck and I hope that it continues to work for those of you that are happy with it~!!!!!

Amy - 32
DH - 32
Zach 4/27/02 @ 34 weeks pre-e
Josh 10/3/03 @ 34 week pre-e
amy

Re : Questions about IUD's

Postby just guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 02:34 pm

by just guest (1 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2004 02:34 pm

Hi,

I'm a Dutch woman, reading all this about Mirena.
I want to warn you for the Mirena. I gained 25 kg in weight in one year !!!! (I really didn't eat more or different)
I became depressive and have a terrible pain in the lower back.
Tomorrow my doctor wil remove the Mirena! And I have to lose all these kilo's and taking Prozac.
just guest

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....