I think my body is broken

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : I think my body is broken

Postby alimarie » Sat Dec 20, 2003 05:42 pm

You guys are so funny! I have to rat myself out...see if any of you have ever felt this way.......i have still not lost all my "baby weight" (i guess after two years i have to quit calling it "baby weight") anyway, i am hoping to get pregnant so that i don't have to worry about losing it right now...how wacko is that!!! any other locos out there? i guess i will just have more to lose after the next baby...i am also hoping not to gain fifty pounds like i did last time...maybe i won't have all that crazy swelling!

ps.....now that i have actually said that out loud i feel even sillier about it!! LOL

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby 5thtymachrm » Sat Dec 20, 2003 08:14 pm

I am happy to hear about being able to work out at 4-5 weeks, 8 weeks sounds like forever. getting the energy is the tough part, I have lots of motivation to get this weight off, I hate these clothes!! I vacuumed today and now can barely walk around when I get up off the couch or out of bed. This is insane! soreness over vacuuming?wow do I feel like a wimp[:I] who would've ever thought vacuuming would cause so much pain, and it was hard to do. Normally dh does the vacuuming but it takes a week of nagging to get it done(or longer) and I just found out today that he is going back to work in a week and then I will be all alone with the baby and no help(yikes [:0])the idea of this scares me.

All of you experienced Moms are probably laughing at me but, wow, that baby takes up a lot of time and energy. I have no idea how I will take a shower or get anything done. Dh usually holds her while I make dinner or take a shower or clean house. We have a snugli holder thing that she loves but it really gets in the way and I can't do much in it but walk around, and she screams if I put her down anywhere including the kicknplay seat or the swing. What did/do you all do with your newborns in order to get things done?

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:hypertension(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks
5thtymachrm

Postby momathelete » Sat Dec 20, 2003 08:51 pm

Elizabeth,

If your baby doesn't have relux, she probably just wants to be held. As for us, we let our girl scream it out and then she gave up. Call it tough love, or call it youngest of 3 and too busy to always be with her. If it is reflux, then holding her upright is the only way to keep her from not hurting. Good luck with trying to figure it all out.....

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Postby amyk » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:08 am

Hee Hee! Okay, I'm really not laughing at you, it's just my daughter was the same way. I whined and whined to all my friends about how I couldn't put her down, she wouldn't ride in the car seat, etc. Two of my friends who actually thought I was just lying, or spoiling her or whatever had second children (girls)who were the exact same way. They both apologized to me later for thinking I was a wimp! Anyway, the bad news is that two years and some change later, my daughter is still the same way. Some call it spoiled, I call it high-maintenance, but the truth is that my baby boy is way less trouble. I don't have any advice except just grit your teeth and tell yourself you'll miss her when she leaves for college.
And AliMarie, how funny. If I didn't have a year full of weddings to attend, I'm not sure how much fire I'd have to get back in top shape before I start thinking about the next baby!
I did notice last time that no matter how hard or how often I worked out, that I never really saw any results until about 2 months after I stopped bf'ing. Even though I knew that extra fat was there for a reason, it was still incredibly discouraging.
(And here's my little secret....I'm still in maternity inderwear... because of the shelf.)

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Postby catherine » Mon Dec 22, 2003 02:19 pm

Shelf NOTHING!!!!!!! Worse than a shelf (or more correctly in addition to), I have a "wink" [xx(]. Well it used to be a "wink" but now it is a sleezy "leer". After my first C-section I had to be reopened because I was continuing to bleed thanks to HELLP, so while they reclosing they put a drain in at the right end of the incision (which they had extended). It healed OK but with a pucker. So it looked like a slightly asymmetric scar "winking" at you (or DH the only other person to see it [:I]). This time around I was hoping that it would go, lost in the new scar. No such luck, worse than that it didn't knit together so well, I popped my staples, and now the "wink" is deeper than ever.... so it leers[B)].

How much do I care? I hate that I look like I crease in "not quite my middle" but my days of g-string bikinis are so far behind me.........[:D][8D]

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby amyk » Tue Dec 23, 2003 06:06 am

Oh great, thanks Catherine.
I had my incision open for a month while it drained out on both ends. My scar looks fantastic in the middle and purple and puckered on both sides. I wasn't really concerned because I was sure it would disappear into any future scar. Now I know better (sigh).

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....