Vent

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
amyk

Re : Vent

Postby amyk » Tue Jan 06, 2004 01:24 pm

Thanks, Mada,I am renting a Medela Symphony from the hospital. Although I'm really, really tired of pumping, in my opinion this is one of the very best. (It's a double pump and it's quiet enough that my husband can sleep through it. Maybe that's not such a good thing.)

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN

mada

Re : Vent

Postby mada » Tue Jan 06, 2004 01:17 pm

Hi Amy,
I admire oyur determination. I had to supplement with Sam because he had really bad jaundice and my milk was so slow to come in. After 2 month of fighting the pump and his rejections of my breast I was like Forget it!!! He was then formula fed. What kind of pump do oyu have? A friend of mine strictly pumps as well and she has a really great one where you can pump both breasts at a time. Well, hang in there and wow 4 months!! Hope the check up goes great!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

amyk

Vent

Postby amyk » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:30 am

Can I just say right now how sick I am of pumping?!
DS has been on breastmilk with Human Breastmilk Fortifier mixed in since he was off his feeding tube. He has his 4 month checkup tomorrow and I am thinking they might take him off of it, but now my lazy little boy wants nothing to do with the breast. He actually seems to get excited when he sees the bottle comin' at him. I know there was a survey related to this, but has anyone here pumped long term? How did you not go insane?!

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN

Return to “After your baby is born .....”