Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I'm finally back on track!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

I'm finally back on track!!

Postby momathelete » Wed Jan 07, 2004 07:29 pm

by momathelete (227 Posts), Wed Jan 07, 2004 07:29 pm

Ok, it has only been a week, but it was really hard for me to get to this point. I have been on a total workout and diet program and I lost 5 lbs the first week. I want to lose 20 lbs to get to my prepreg and 10 more to get to where I should be!! Anyway, I am so totally motivated! I have been running, doing pilates and extreme spinning classes. I feel like I am going to get my body back!! Wahoo! Now that this info is out there, I will have to be accountable. I also am charting it through work in my manager's office (I work about 6 hrs a week at J.Jill, the clothing store-hey, I am a sucker for a discount!). Anyway -Nancy - I am back on body for life (without the weight training, I just am not into that this time). Just had to let you all know.

Gosh, I sure miss having a glass of wine though!!!!!!!!!!

[:p]

Good luck with all of the dieting going around!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Re : I'm finally back on track!!

Postby mada » Thu Jan 08, 2004 06:57 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Thu Jan 08, 2004 06:57 am

Good for you Michelle!! I am doing the South Beach diet and my hubby got me a pass to our rec center here in Evergreen(it's awesome) and I've been working out and doing pilates as well!! I am on a week too!!! I haven't weighed myself though. What is body for life? I miss my red wine too, but luckily on the phase2 I can have a glass here and there.. Red wine only which is fine[:D].

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby alimarie » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:23 am

by alimarie (530 Posts), Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:23 am

Hey Michelle and Mada,

It sounds like you are both off to a great start on your diets! I,too, am just a week into the Atkins diet. So far so good. I do not know how much I have lost yet but I am feeling motivated as well. Good luck to you both and let's chronicle our success (as well as struggles) so we can stay motivated!

Alison

Random question...how do you get those smileys to come up? i see them and click on them but they only come up as symbols...i want to enhance my posts!! lol

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby mada » Thu Jan 08, 2004 01:10 pm

by mada (4081 Posts), Thu Jan 08, 2004 01:10 pm

Hey Alison, I was a bit confused about that too. They look like symbols while oyur writing, but once you post oyur reply, they take on the actual smiley face or whatever face you choose form[:D]....How's the Atkins going? South Beach is kind of like that but after the first 2 weeks you get to reintroduce some carbs. Only good ones...and I am a vegeterian so I need my brown rice[;)]. Keep posted on how you are doing and I will post if I am having a pasta attack!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby alimarie » Thu Jan 08, 2004 03:04 pm

by alimarie (530 Posts), Thu Jan 08, 2004 03:04 pm

Mada,

thanks for clearing that up! i will now use them with confidence...haha. Atkins is going well so far. i am getting tired of cheese though. i have heard that south beach is similar. i do not know any of the mechanics of it though. I am looking forward to adding peanuts in a week and a half. I lived on them the last time I was on this (before christmas) so i am ready to have them again. I don't know if you can have this but the carbo-rite chocolate bars are awesome...all of them. they have helped me when i need a sweet in the past.
[:I]
alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby 5thtymachrm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:22 pm

by 5thtymachrm (909 Posts), Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Great Job Girls[:D][:D]

I am trying to stick to a high protien, low carb diet though it has no name...my dh went on it and lost 110lbs a year ago and is now back on it from gaining my pregnancy weight! I really want to work out at a gym but the finances are strapped...how is everyone doing the pilates? I really wanted to try that out but all the dvd's for it are like $50 or more, even on ebay.

I am hoping to lose some weight..this is pre-pg weight that needed to be lost badly! I can't wait for it to be nice outside and all the snow gone from our roads so I can get out and get walking[:D]

Good luck everyone!

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:hypertension(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/indigopage/
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks
5thtymachrm

Postby mada » Fri Jan 09, 2004 06:38 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 06:38 am

Hi Elizabeth,
I have a Pilates dvd it's Mari Windsor and she is awesome!! I know they are expensive but when oyu compare it to a gym it's a good deal. A one time fee and you can do it all the time[:)]. A friend of mine actually gave it to me as a gift after I had my second!! Sometimes Sams club or Costco has it for a better deal. Well, goodluck and keep us posted!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby momathelete » Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:48 pm

by momathelete (227 Posts), Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:48 pm

Maybe you can rent the pilates tape at Blockbuster, just to see if you like it. I love it, but it doesn't give me a good cardio like running or spinning does. I really want to run a half marathon this fall so I want to be training running wise for that.

As for Body for Life, it is a really good program. As with ALL diets, if you stick with it you will lose. What I like about B4L is that is doesn't make you give up carbs. It really is a diet in moderation. You eat six small meals a day and each meal has to be a 50/50 percent of protein to carb. That doesn't mean you can have candy and meat! IT is the good carb -brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, fruit, etc. I like it because I don't crave carbs since I am getting them, although in a healthy form. I am doing a variation of it though because I read somewhere that your stomach sticks out if you eat cheese, so I gave that up totally to see if that works. As for nuts, peanuts aren't as good for you as almonds. Try them, the nutrients are fantastic, it is supposed to lower your bp, etc. I get the unsalted kind and I LOVE them. When I am done with my 1/4 cup I am kind of sad. Anyway, I had a big party at my house last night and there was so much wine and food that I partook a little. So, I am up a pound for a total of 4 lbs lost.

Oh, B4L also emphasizes exercising 6 times a week. I narrowed it to five, but I still have seen the difference.

OK, a not so pure story...
My dh works from home and since the baby has been born, we moved his office to our bedroom. My son was at preschool and the girls were supposedly napping. I went to take a nap in the bedroom, I have been feeling oh so fine since I am doing well with my bod, so I was a little amorous...... ahem Afterwards, I was getting ready to run errands and I hear that old 70's song "Afternoon Delight" playing. He had downloaded it and was playing it over and over. What a goofy guy!!

Good luck on the diets ladies!!!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Postby taras mom » Sat Jan 10, 2004 00:39 am

by taras mom (841 Posts), Sat Jan 10, 2004 00:39 am

Way to work that Body 4 Life, Michelle! Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite . . .

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby mada » Sat Jan 10, 2004 06:58 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Sat Jan 10, 2004 06:58 am

Michelle,'That's so funny. Your hubby picked out a good one!! Well, the diet sounds great!! I have been excersizing almost every day as well. I go to the gym for the cardio because the pilates doesn't give you that your right....I like to ride the elipitical machine, it totally works me!!
Although, I like the "afternoon delight" workout as well[;)].

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....