I'm finally back on track!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
paljane8

Re : I'm finally back on track!!

Postby paljane8 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:24 pm

Yeah, Laura, don't buy it from WA state!!!!!!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

laura

Postby laura » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:09 pm

How is the pilates different from yoga? I likes ma yoga. [:p]

I did my 45 min on my elliptical tonight- I MUST get started again, but I live in a den of diet saboteurs... HELP!

Also- I'm working on learning to make more meat-lite dinners for a family of meat and tater lovers- any suggestions?

Laura-28
DH Jack-31
Allicia 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Wed Jan 14, 2004 09:17 pm

Nancy, I have a vague sense, I say vague because I haven't been to my pilates class since last October. If you like the tapes you should consider trying to take an introductory class somewhere. I got started as much to support a dance friend of mine who was opening her own studio as for the workout, so I took her intro course which was 8 classes long. She really explained the technique, compensations when you can't do it right off, working in your torso and the linking moves. I had a tape but didn't like it, I didn't understand the rythmn of it. If I could only get my workday in order then I'd be back. I used to go at my lunch hour but I'm working through it most days, I'm so late getting started.. I used to be in by 8.30 but now it is more like 9.15 and I spend my life running to catch up.

My current issues are my inner thighs, or should I say inner pies (too much good stuff at Christmas). There is no stretch left in me at all. I've lost all my limberness and it makes me feel so old. I guess it is what you get when you are pregnant or nursing for 3 solid years, especially at my age... will menopause feel like this???[xx(]

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)Preeclampsia & HELLP
Chloe (7/2/03)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/f/finngoosensprout

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 08:51 pm

Hey girls,

I did my first Pilates tape yesterday. If I said, "Pathetic Core" would you know what I was talking about?!

Michelle,

How's that Ella?

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

mada

Postby mada » Sat Jan 10, 2004 06:58 am

Michelle,'That's so funny. Your hubby picked out a good one!! Well, the diet sounds great!! I have been excersizing almost every day as well. I go to the gym for the cardio because the pilates doesn't give you that your right....I like to ride the elipitical machine, it totally works me!!
Although, I like the "afternoon delight" workout as well[;)].

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Sat Jan 10, 2004 00:39 am

Way to work that Body 4 Life, Michelle! Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite . . .

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel

momathelete

Postby momathelete » Fri Jan 09, 2004 03:48 pm

Maybe you can rent the pilates tape at Blockbuster, just to see if you like it. I love it, but it doesn't give me a good cardio like running or spinning does. I really want to run a half marathon this fall so I want to be training running wise for that.

As for Body for Life, it is a really good program. As with ALL diets, if you stick with it you will lose. What I like about B4L is that is doesn't make you give up carbs. It really is a diet in moderation. You eat six small meals a day and each meal has to be a 50/50 percent of protein to carb. That doesn't mean you can have candy and meat! IT is the good carb -brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, fruit, etc. I like it because I don't crave carbs since I am getting them, although in a healthy form. I am doing a variation of it though because I read somewhere that your stomach sticks out if you eat cheese, so I gave that up totally to see if that works. As for nuts, peanuts aren't as good for you as almonds. Try them, the nutrients are fantastic, it is supposed to lower your bp, etc. I get the unsalted kind and I LOVE them. When I am done with my 1/4 cup I am kind of sad. Anyway, I had a big party at my house last night and there was so much wine and food that I partook a little. So, I am up a pound for a total of 4 lbs lost.

Oh, B4L also emphasizes exercising 6 times a week. I narrowed it to five, but I still have seen the difference.

OK, a not so pure story...
My dh works from home and since the baby has been born, we moved his office to our bedroom. My son was at preschool and the girls were supposedly napping. I went to take a nap in the bedroom, I have been feeling oh so fine since I am doing well with my bod, so I was a little amorous...... ahem Afterwards, I was getting ready to run errands and I hear that old 70's song "Afternoon Delight" playing. He had downloaded it and was playing it over and over. What a goofy guy!!

Good luck on the diets ladies!!!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.

mada

Postby mada » Fri Jan 09, 2004 06:38 am

Hi Elizabeth,
I have a Pilates dvd it's Mari Windsor and she is awesome!! I know they are expensive but when oyu compare it to a gym it's a good deal. A one time fee and you can do it all the time[:)]. A friend of mine actually gave it to me as a gift after I had my second!! Sometimes Sams club or Costco has it for a better deal. Well, goodluck and keep us posted!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Great Job Girls[:D][:D]

I am trying to stick to a high protien, low carb diet though it has no name...my dh went on it and lost 110lbs a year ago and is now back on it from gaining my pregnancy weight! I really want to work out at a gym but the finances are strapped...how is everyone doing the pilates? I really wanted to try that out but all the dvd's for it are like $50 or more, even on ebay.

I am hoping to lose some weight..this is pre-pg weight that needed to be lost badly! I can't wait for it to be nice outside and all the snow gone from our roads so I can get out and get walking[:D]

Good luck everyone!

Elizabeth
11/20/03 Indigo E. (born with no PE @ 37 weeks, 5lbs 13oz) (Pg Issues:hypertension(atenolol),hyperemesis, hypothyroidism, cancer remission, asthma, 8cm blood clot @3wks)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/indigopage/
11/17/95 m/c @14wks
1/97 m/c @3wks
2/98 m/c @5wks
8/02 m/c @3wks

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Thu Jan 08, 2004 03:04 pm

Mada,

thanks for clearing that up! i will now use them with confidence...haha. Atkins is going well so far. i am getting tired of cheese though. i have heard that south beach is similar. i do not know any of the mechanics of it though. I am looking forward to adding peanuts in a week and a half. I lived on them the last time I was on this (before christmas) so i am ready to have them again. I don't know if you can have this but the carbo-rite chocolate bars are awesome...all of them. they have helped me when i need a sweet in the past.
[:I]
alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

Return to “After your baby is born .....”