Annabel is here

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
sarab
Site Admin

Re : Annabel is here

Postby sarab » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Congratulations, Debbie! How wonderful that there was no sign of PE. Sorry to hear about the placenta scare and pain, but it sounds like you are in good spirits about it all.

Welcome little Annabel!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sat Jan 20, 2007 09:11 pm

No PE! Good for you! What a relief that must be. Congratulations and welcome little Annabel! Miracles do happen don't they. :)

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 06:07 pm

Congrats on your newest addition! Glad you are doing well!

debmc

Annabel is here

Postby debmc » Fri Jan 19, 2007 01:03 pm

Born on the 13th of January, at 38 weeks, at 8.11 am, weighing 6lb 1oz.

Short birth story,

my waters broke at 2 in the morning, so I went to the hospital to get checked over. They sent me home at 5 because nothing much was happening. At 6am Sean and I were having a huge fry up and at 6 15 I was having contractions 2 minutes apart. Got back to hospital at 7 and she was born at 8.11!!

Afterwards the cord snapped and the placenta came apart so I had to have a midwife reach inside to pull out the pieces, which was more painful than the actual birth and very scary, but I got to have tons of gas and air so that was a bonus.

No sign of pre eclampsia, even after having that blip a few weeks ago, so I may even consider having a fourth baby in the future (God willing)

Return to “After your baby is born .....”